2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best Truck ever
By jjc839 on 01/16/12 11:25 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Owned since new, has 175,000km. Not a single problem ever, only money spent has been on regular maintenance. Has the 4.8 V8 which as a ton of power for this small truck and gets about 12l/100km.

Simply Outstanding - 2001 Z71 Stepside
By john77084 on 11/15/11 10:39 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 in 2006 because I really wanted a stepside. I found this Z71 4X4 and pulled the trigger. It had 89,000 on the odometer. Now it has 140,000. I've driven it hard and it keeps coming back for more. One of the first things I added to it was a Flowmaster muffler with chrome tips. I get a thrill every time I fire it up.

Issues with the 2001 Ive had
By Chevy driver on 12/26/09 12:30 PM (PST)

Ive always driven chevy trucks, they always been tanks< I make work and play hard. The 2001 has given me more issues than older models. The first was the fuel pump in the tank, very expensive to fix thru the dealer, 2nd bad knock on cold start up,Power window motor,replaced whole brake system(hard time finding the correct fuel line,didn't match dealer PN,fuel injectors,front end work and just put in a new transmission, I've had a bad vibration which thru process of elimination I think is the driveshaft, by the time Im done I will have a new truck,but I work it hard but not trashing it, for what they cost I expect it to do the work like the older models,I am disappointed in chevy

not bad over all
By Johnny on 09/10/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

Bought used with 29,000 miles on it and it now has 53,000. During that time I have had to replace the fuel pump and a rear brake caliper. The v6 has been reliable and has decent power for everyday driving, but the fuel mileage is no better than the v8. 4x4 system works fine and has done well in mud and snow. Tire wear, steering, and ride comfort have all been very good. I am satisfied for the most part but if I were going to buy again I would get the v8. I got the v6 because it had a cheaper sticker price, but I'm not saving anything on gas. It uses just as much as v-8 chevy's that I had previously.

Great Truck, but
By Doculator on 04/13/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

This is a great truck. Very high build quality and still drives like a new truck. Usual problem with the parking brake dying early and at about 70000 miles echoes of the 'piston slap' problem. New brakes cost $1300 at 120000 miles partially due to problems complicated by the parking brake issue. At 125000 I've got a minor but annoying rear main seal leak.

Chevy Trucks, the Best
By BJK on 05/16/07 14:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I used to be a used car salesman, and the V-8 Chevy trucks were always the hardest to trade for, and most popular to sell. The Chevy truck has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. I just looked at the brake pads, and they are only half worn. The only maintenance I have done is tires, and batttery change, and oil changes.

So so
By the_grizz53 on 08/05/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck, but there are lots of drivetrain problems. Three recalls ,sqealing parking brake is the worst, two rear differentials, and three comeplete clutches, all in the first four months. Still a good truck all in all.

Good Truck
By Morioka, Japan on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good Truck. Solid. Minor problem witha side mirror.

Poor Transmission
By Galalod on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

After about 36000 the transmission will start slipping and goes out. The 96 mph governor also puts a damper on freeway passing

tough but not impressive
By spat on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my truck 2 1/2 years ago and have been reasonably impressed. Not great accleration or mind blowing power, but a good solid pull. I work it hard everyday and so far it has stood the test of time. Had a few minor problems but overall a good truck