2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
like a rock
By like a rock on 07/18/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

After owning it for 8 yrs and 172000 miles who can argue its reliability. It still gets 18mpg with 4.8 v8. Have not done front brakes but did do back. 4 years ago flipped it at 65mph with family in it, no one even got a scratch. Glad ins decided to fix it. All I do is put gas in it and change the oil. Got 75000 miles out of original tires. Only on 3rd set of tires only been aligned 2 times.

BEST AMERICAN PICK UP
By supersilveradoz71 on 04/28/09 22:27 PM (PDT)

Ive had the truck for several years. Ive grown up in a family that has chev Ford and Dodge. By far the chev has the most power, comfort, and reliability ive ever seen. Very smooth running truck, lots of power for the 5.3. No complaints on fuel economy, its a v8 with more hp than competitors that still manages to get better gas mileage. Chevy for life.

I Love My Chevy Truck
By J&M on 02/09/09 11:33 AM (PST)

I love my Chevy truck. It is so comfortable for long trips & it gets fantastic gas mileage for a V8. It has lots of leg room & the seats are so plush & comfy. There is plenty of leg room in the back seat too. It is built very well. I have not had any problems with it at all. Good job GM.

Miss the old '89.
By larry j on 03/31/07 03:55 AM (PDT)

We owned an 89 Chevy pickup and loved it, even at 110k miles, it still ran great. A very tight machine. We made the mistake in assuming Chevy would continue the tradition when we bought the '01. Engine makes a knocking sound from day one that the dealership mechanic "couldn't hear". Makes the sound to this day. Performance is sluggish and you'd figure if you have slow performance, at least the gas mileage would be good. Wrong. 12- 15mpg. I guess we got spoiled with the '89 p/u truck; wish we still had it.

100K No Problem
By ussery on 03/16/06 07:31 AM (PST)

I've been extremely pleased with the performance of the vehicle, I chose the 5.3 Vortec to handle the 4WD and tow/haul demands. Most of the mileage is due to a 32 mile one way commute. It has seen its share of mountain logging roads, mud bogs, and desert sands. The transfer into 4WD Low is rough, even in the best of circumstance. (Rolling under 5 mph.) Better get into it before you need it. Gas mileage is still at 18~19 MPG, pulled the plugs at 65K, flushed all drivetrain at 95K, and the coolant is next on the list.The velour interior is showing wear and fading-New Mexico sun and heat will eat fabric. The plastics are holding up well, wish the speakers weren't crackling. Heart Beat USA!

Good Truck
By Texas Rob on 11/14/05 12:21 PM (PST)

I just traded mine off after 180k. The only repair I made during the four years was a front spindle. Other than that the truck performed well.

Z-71 best truck to buy
By kdx on 10/28/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

My 2001 Chevrolet truck has been the best truck I have ever owned. I live in Kentucky and use my truck on and around my land, it goes great through mud and snow and has yet to fail me. In my opinion the Z-71 package is the best deal.

So Far So Good
By Chris on 07/23/05 02:23 AM (PDT)

I have'nt had any problems yet knock on wood. I had to replace all 4 brake rotors and pads is all. Good luck to the rest of you.

Great Truck
By Texas Owner on 07/09/05 20:53 PM (PDT)

This is my first pickup and it is more comfortable to drive than many cars that I've owned. I have the 1500 LS with the 5.3L V8 and its performance, reliability and gas mileage for a vehicle this size is outstanding. I now have over 105,000 miles and haven't done much more than change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles! I do a lot of hunting and it has never let me down in out-of-the-way places. A great vehicle.

Best Truck I've Owned
By James Hughes on 05/03/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

I have owned and driven pickups for 30 years. This one is undoubtedly the best looking, handling, performing, and just best all-around truck I have ever owned or driven.