2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - solid vehicle

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

solid vehicle
By moty78 on

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I upgraded from an S-10 to a Silverado two and a half years ago, and I've been very satisfied. Ample power, smooth ride, plenty of room, and so far, no major problems. I am amazed by the engine's performance. I've caught myself several times going down the highway doing 80mph without realizing it. Thank God for cruise control! The truck offers great visibility with its hieght and great mirrors. With a load of mulch, this thing rides like a Cadillac!

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable. Lumbar support is outstanding. I actually like the design in my truck. It's highly practical and lacks any gimmicky trick bottons or features. Headlights are great, but the fog- lights are another story...

Suggested Improvements

This is a 2000 Chevy truck that gets 19 mpg at best. GM needs to get with the program and sacrifice some of that ample horse power for a more fuel efficient vehicle. I do like the direction that Ford is going in with its 2004 F-150. Battery power is good.