2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Not as good as my '92

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Base Extended Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Not as good as my '92
By joefech on

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I think this redesign has it's benefits, (ride, quiteness) but there's too much plastic and loose fitting interior parts. I have what seems to be common problems-- driveshaft yoke likes to bind on takeoff and makes a thumping noise, ABS brakes absolutely suck--if I have one tire loosing traction, it just hums and does not want to stop!!! I almost rear-ended someone because of a very small patch of ice!! Needs more sway control--maybe a rear sway bar-- too rocky in slow speed manuevers.

I first thought the push button 4 wheel drive was a joke until I really used it--works very well. Rides very well and is comfortable on long trips.

Revise ABS maybe to reference two wheels slipping instead of one. Lower your parts prices... $220 for a new yoke when they go bad all the time? Give me a break. My '92 got the same mileage and had a bigger engine... (5.7 vs. 5.3) Look into better efficiency.