Great Truck!...BUT.......
By Travis on
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
My truck overall has been a great truck except for a few things:1st the throttle body had to be replaced shortly after purchase(I know 12 others who have experienced this) the fuel gauge dances around all the time because the sending unit is bad (Lots of problems here also) (not recalled and can't pay to fix), I'm in the process of having to fix possibly the carrier bearings on drive shaft because of a roar in the rear end. Steering shaft was recalled to be lubed. Overall I have really enjoyed this truck. I have driven all over the country with it, pulled and hauled trailers and the 5.3 has been great. Fuel mileage is great for the size and power. Confortable and has been very reliable.
Favorite Features
Size, comfort, power, gas mileage for a 4x4 is pretty good. Nice body style also.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel sending unit and throttle body should have been recalled due to large # of problems. The front "A"post of cab that is beside window and holds up the roof is way too wide due to plastic and causes a large blind spot when pulling out. Raise front end up and dont slope it down because its a TRUCK!