Good Purchase
By Nick Gibson on
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB
This truck has performed great in the 65,000 miles that I have owned it. I have had to replace two things on this truck so far (excluding brakes, filters, etc.). At 36,000 miles, the rear universal joint went out, but this was most likely due to the fact that I drive on the interstate 80% of the time and run over 90mph nearly all the time, just below the cutoff point on the engine. At 72,000 miles the fuel pump went out. This also may be attributed to my habits, as I usually let the fuel light come on and stay on a while before re-fueling. I've been told this is extremely hard on the fuel pump because it sucks in air. Other than that, no problems.
Favorite Features
I love the look of this truck. I fell for from the first one I saw of the 99 - 2002 body styles. I also am a big fan of the interior, though it doesn't get great reviews in magazines. This truck also tows like crazy. I have pulled a broken truck with a loaded trailer up severe grades.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I dislike about my truck is the fuel economy (14mpg!!). The trade-off is a powerful 5.3 litre V8.