Chevy Truck-Built to last!
By Keith on
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB
I purchased my truck used as I needed alternate transportation for days when my Harley-Davidson may be a less than intelligent choice. I live in S. Florida and we get plenty of rain, and as they say, when it rains it pours. I have owned my truck for over a year and tire replacement and routine maintenance is all that has been required. I did choose to upgrade the stereo system as I love my tunes. Like my bike, as far as customizing goes all it takes is a vision that fits you and your wallet. I have found that I put more miles on the truck than the bike and I love to ride, but it is a very comfortable in all situations. I could have bought a cheaper truck but I feel you get what you pay for!
Favorite Features
Regular cab is large with a bench seat that makes for close contact with your mate. Seats three in comfort and the Vortec 4.3 liter V-6 provides plenty of reliable power. The towing package is nice to have and has handled all my needs. I have found more aftermarket parts one could ever wish for.
Suggested Improvements
I installed the tires that I found as best match at tire rack (internet site) and went with the wider option. I must say "I love my STONES". I installed a cat-back exhaust as well as an air hog. I plan to install a cold air intake system next. The Pioneer Sound System is "XM" ready and sounds great!