2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Chevy's last stand

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Chevy's last stand
By Jon on

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with 130000 miles.4.8, automatic. I now have 204000. Doesn't burn or leak a drop. I love the way this truck drives and rides, especially after installing super chips, heavier front torsion bars, added another full leaf to the rear springs, Bilstiens, locking rear end. I hate: defective throttle body, noisy pistons when cold, defective fuel tank sender, defective 4wd switch, defective EVAP vent valve, defective abs unit, defective fan blower switch, defective drivers side window regulator, the rocker panels no longer exist due to rot due to bad design. The dealers will not reveal how many of these defective parts have been replaced. Should have been a lot more recalls than there were.

19 mpg highway except in the winter, accelerates like a big block, hauls anything. It will not make it through another inspection due to rot, check engine malfunctions, ABS system malfunctions. I will miss driving this truck but will not miss owning it. I'm going Japanese unless it's a pre 73 Chevy.

Chevy has finally passed Ford in electrical malfunctions which I didn't think was possible for any manufacturer. Besides what I have said above there's numerous small problems like every light bulb in the radio is out. Wake up Chevy and listen to your past and present owners and fix the problems.