2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.3L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A great vehicle

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

A great vehicle
By silverado on

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This has been a great vehicle, one of the best that I have ever owned, and I have been buying vehicles since 1954. The truck is beautiful. The interior and the exterior still look like new after 98,000 miles. I have recorded every fuel purchase and have consistently gotten 17+ mpg in heavy city driving. I change the oil every 3750 miles. All of the service work has been done by the selling dealer. My wife thinks my truck rides better and is more comfortable than her Mercury Grand Marquis. The 5.3 engine has performed flawlessly and will burn rubber any time you shower down on the accelerator. I like this vehicle better than my previous vehicle, which was a Lexus that I also loved.

Favorite Features

This vehicle tracks perfectly straight. The engine has unbelievable acceleration if it's needed, and the interior, including the cloth seats, still look like new. This vehicle has never had any rattles. I wax my truck once a year and the exterior finish still looks show-room new.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a driver side grab strap.