2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best Truck I'v ever Driven
By scott on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I'v been blessed to have had the experience of driving a multitude of vehicle with my civilian and military careers. This truck is the best all around vehicle that I've driven. The performance of the 5.3L engine is exceptional. Highly recomend, a great buy!!!

truck
By phjunior on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

good truck but needs less plastic parts. Everything makes noise in the interior.

silverado review
By Iliad on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

An excellent truck. No mechanical or finish flaws, has given excellent service. Often get 20+ mpg on the highway, overall mpg is 17.2 for 78000 miles.

solid vehicle
By moty78 on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I upgraded from an S-10 to a Silverado two and a half years ago, and I've been very satisfied. Ample power, smooth ride, plenty of room, and so far, no major problems. I am amazed by the engine's performance. I've caught myself several times going down the highway doing 80mph without realizing it. Thank God for cruise control! The truck offers great visibility with its hieght and great mirrors. With a load of mulch, this thing rides like a Cadillac!

Awesome vehicle
By simplefello on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I currently own 2000 z-71. I love the truck, needless to say. It handles excellent offroad, and the 5.3l v8 has plenty of power and torc to get you out of some sticky situations while offroad. I would recommend this vehicle, and although I have not had any problems, I would recommend purchasing the extended warranty. The warranty is not expensive, and if you don't get it you cannot get it when your warranty runs out. good luck.

Bad to the Bone
By bradmeeks on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have enjoyed this truck and plan on keeping it as a second vehicle when I decide to buy another. It rides a little rough, but has good off road performance and is tough.

a keeper
By luv2boat on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought the truck new. compared to ford and dodge but chevy had more creature comforts for not just the driver but the passenger, go figure! Much quieter interiors than others. Pull a 20ft I/O boat and never complains. Regular maintenance and TLC makes for a great looking / running truck. only trouble was some cracked leather which was replaced, a window seal that was reglued, and now at 42,000 miles is a malfunctioning gas gauge and front drive seal yet to be fixed.

2000 SILVERADO
By jefftheawyer on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

WITH THE RIGHT TIRES IT IS SMOOTH AND ECONOMICAL ON THE HIGHWAY OR SUREFOOTED AND AGILE DEEP OFF ROAD

Chevys are great
By odoul rules on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I had a 2000 silverado Z71 with many extras and some graphics. I put Wild Country TXR on it and this truck just looked awsome. It had a lot of power and it was very fun to drive.

bad ass
By chevymick03 on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is a really nice truck to drive. It has the off road capabilities as well as a dream ride. Very luxerious interior and stylish exterior. There is very little i would do to chang this truck.