2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
dependabilty
By jamesholman on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

the ultimate work and ride truck is chevy. It's vortec motor is good as it gets for a light duty truck. the horses are there when you need them,and tame when you dont.the extra door is great for my kids,tools dog whatever you need in the back. I've worked my truck hard rode back and forth too Texas and its still going strong. You want a truck you can depend on chevy's siveraldo is it. thanks James Holman truck owner

Best Truck
By car freak on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Love this truck,at 48,800 miles, it has been wonderful! Bought new, will keep until it wears out! Traded 1999 Ford F-150 4x4 for this and what an improvement! Just purchased first set of new tires.

Much Satisfied
By Bryan Phillips on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

Great Truck. Driven many others at I would take this one every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Plenty of Muscle as well. If you put about a grand into the 5.3 engine you will be smoking Ford Lightings in no time.

Dissatisfaction
By NortonP on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Loved my truck until ~45000 miles. Apparently not built like a rock & don't love it anymore. First, replaced fuel pump & then when I went to get my first inspection sticker after the manufacturer's one expired, it failed because of the rear parking brake shoes being worn. Living in Texas, I have never used the parking brake. Chevy customer service said that it was normal wear and tear & not a defect even though there is a bulletin on the problem. Chevy's customer service is terrible so if buying a Chevy, better buy an extended warranty or have deep pockets. After the experience with Chevrolet's customer service, will never buy another GM product.

Best used truck, anywhere, any place!!
By ButchA on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used at the local dealer here in town. I originally had an old well used, worn out, '87 Ford Ranger that had 139,000 miles and was rusting, battered, beat up, and not reliable anymore. I discovered the 2000 Chevy 1500 Silverado LS regular cab, off the internet and went to check it out. It's amazing! Simply put. Even though it has 71,000 miles, it is still in incredibly good condition. This truck is built to last and way more rugged than my old Ford Ranger. This truck has the optional 4.8L V8 engine instead of the V6, which gives it a lot more oomph on the road.

It is a truck
By BowtieOrDie on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Great truck. I own the Z71, No real problems after 75,000. Only been in the shop once for repair. 4WDR console went out after 30,000 and A/C drainage clogged so flooded the baseboards. Tranny clunk when shifting into reverse. Engine runs great and plenty of power while getting about 18mpg. Interior is more comfortable than most cars especially the back seat, after driving the Dodge and Ford this is a caddy. Doesn't have to try and look like a big rig to impress, does all that under the hood.

No need for a Ford!!
By Workhorse!! on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

At 86000 miles, the only thing I've had to do is change the oil, put a new set of tires on it, and put gas in it. Still runs like I bought it yesterday. Can you believe I'm still running on the original brakes??

By jimrs on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

This is the worst truck that I have owned to date. Bad vibration in the steering wheel. New tires or balance helps for a few hundred miles than it's back. Gas pedal sticks and is hard to drive in tight spaces. 80,000 miles on the truck. Most of the milage was on the interstate where it was not a problem after I reach 70 mph but between 62 and 70 you can't hold the wheel from shaking the whole truck. I have heard that this has been fixed in the newer trucks. I am thinking of trading for a Toyota.

Good Strong Truck
By amprice4 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Overall I am happy with my purchase. I bought the truck with 40K miles on it and it runs like a champ. however before i purchased this truck I test drove the same exact year and model from another dealership and it died on the test drive. Something was wrong with the fuel system and it only had 38K miles on it. Good strong truck though and it tows my trailer with ease.

Built in problems
By Johnm on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Would like everything, if everything worked well.