Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Me & my Chev truck
By kacollins

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck used with 111k miles. I haven't had one problem with it mechanically. The previous owner who bought it new said he never had any problems before me. This is my first Chev truck after owning 3 Ford 150's. I can honestly state even if not as "pretty" as the Ford it's reliability is excellent. Especially since I expected to spend money on a truck with 100+k. Regards,

Drink trays that flip away.

Radio search button.

Reliable Truck
By Allen

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck new in 2000. I have had only 1 major problem, differential failed at 47K. Mechanics have informed me the diff is not really engineered well for a truck, more for a car. Fuel economy could have been a lot better. Overall, a good reliable truck. Can easily haul over 2500lbs of rock in bed or tow a 9600lbs trailer (and accelerate uphill). I would buy this again. I wish they would have made my model and year with manual trans.

Power, 4.8L engine has enough, considering this is not a race car, but rather a truck.

I would recommend they improve fuel efficiency. I do not like plastic everywhere inside cab. Use 5 speed auto vs 4 speed, or make standard trans an option for this year and model.

I love my Chevy
By Nick K.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

i bought my Chevy in May '05 with 125,600 miles on it. It now has 140,000 on it. Let me just start by saying that this is an awesome truck, and I get compliments on it all the time. It might not sound like it after you read this, but it is very reliable. One thing I would say needs to be taken care of is the fuel sending unit. It was done at 110,000 and then I had to do it again at 135,000... not cool. The part alone is $400. One day #1 on my A/C fan stopped working, next day, #2 stopped. so it's Off, or 3, which is too much, such a pain. Power steering pump went the same day as fuel pump #2, at 135K.

Incredible power, 4.8 v8, will light up 33" tires at 35 mph, awesome styling, and great reliablity. people guess it has 50K but it has almost 150K. Truck has held up great.

Fuelsending unit problems, stupid little stuff. mileage could be better, I get 14 around town. but overall I love the truck more every day, and most people will say the same.

Good Truck
By Mike

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had the truck a while now. Happy to report everything works well, even with 82,000 on the odometer. No broken parts, squeaks, or rattles in the interior. Ride is good, and four wheel system on Z-71 is nice. The only problem I've had is a squeak in the rear end on accelearation. I've had it looked at, and it appears to be nothing. Expect marginal mileage from the Z-71. All in all, it is a very good truck, and the last attractive front-end series from GM(as opposed to the new cat eye look).

Very roomy driver and passenger seat. Controls are easy to reach and in logical placement. Great brakes and engine. Take it all punishment (it was a farm truck).

"Piston slap" is prevalent on these models. Chevrolet does not seem to acknowledge it as a problem. Also, many complain that the front end rides three to four inches lower than the rear. This is also by design.

Good truck
By John

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Excellent in 4x4, like the push button as opposed to floor mount gear. Should come with spray in liner as option. Wish mine had air vents in back seat to force cold and hot air. Rear window defrost should be an option too. Love my truck.

Front towing hooks. Easy mounting step bars and wire harness for trailer lights and brakes

Cigarette outlets in back seat for portable devices.

• SUV