Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck Overall
By labguy

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have towed and hauled heavily with this truck and have had no major problems. The only problems I have had is the driver side window motor needed to be replaced after about 4 years and the fuel gauge dances around due to a bad sending unit which I have not replaced. Gas mileage is average for a truck this size. I'd have to say that I amd very satisfied with the truck overall. It has so far been very reliable. Just replaced the original tires at 77,000 miles. I haven't notice any noise or squeaks in the interior as some have noted. Did have a squeaky powersteering belt but that has been fixed.

4 wheel drive comes in handy when hauling my boat up steep wet boat ramps. Love the fold-up rear seat when I need some extra hauling space. Also like the speed adjusted radio volume. Room in the rear seat for kids or adults.

Fuel sending unit needs improvement. It should have been recalled.

A great vehicle
By silverado

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This has been a great vehicle, one of the best that I have ever owned, and I have been buying vehicles since 1954. The truck is beautiful. The interior and the exterior still look like new after 98,000 miles. I have recorded every fuel purchase and have consistently gotten 17+ mpg in heavy city driving. I change the oil every 3750 miles. All of the service work has been done by the selling dealer. My wife thinks my truck rides better and is more comfortable than her Mercury Grand Marquis. The 5.3 engine has performed flawlessly and will burn rubber any time you shower down on the accelerator. I like this vehicle better than my previous vehicle, which was a Lexus that I also loved.

This vehicle tracks perfectly straight. The engine has unbelievable acceleration if it's needed, and the interior, including the cloth seats, still look like new. This vehicle has never had any rattles. I wax my truck once a year and the exterior finish still looks show-room new.

Needs a driver side grab strap.

Awsome
By Chevridin20s

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Great. Awesome with no major problems, except due to wear and tear of a normal vehicle. It's got loads of power and sounds the best than any other vehicle with exhaust. The best transmission feel that I think i have ever felt. I do not like the new '03-06 trucks due to the front end but I am keeping this truck till she does no more. Couldn't ask for anything better

Great engine with lots of passing power by droping it down one gear makes a quick and easy pass. The truck is so much fun to drive and with the rims and lots of stuff I have on it it turns heads

Fuel economy stinks but what can you do? It's got a v8 and a 6 speed trans. Add flex fuel with DOD 4 cylinders not used when you don't need em

Me & my Chev truck
By kacollins

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck used with 111k miles. I haven't had one problem with it mechanically. The previous owner who bought it new said he never had any problems before me. This is my first Chev truck after owning 3 Ford 150's. I can honestly state even if not as "pretty" as the Ford it's reliability is excellent. Especially since I expected to spend money on a truck with 100+k. Regards,

Drink trays that flip away.

Radio search button.

Reliable Truck
By Allen

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck new in 2000. I have had only 1 major problem, differential failed at 47K. Mechanics have informed me the diff is not really engineered well for a truck, more for a car. Fuel economy could have been a lot better. Overall, a good reliable truck. Can easily haul over 2500lbs of rock in bed or tow a 9600lbs trailer (and accelerate uphill). I would buy this again. I wish they would have made my model and year with manual trans.

Power, 4.8L engine has enough, considering this is not a race car, but rather a truck.

I would recommend they improve fuel efficiency. I do not like plastic everywhere inside cab. Use 5 speed auto vs 4 speed, or make standard trans an option for this year and model.