Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

A great vehicle
By silverado

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This has been a great vehicle, one of the best that I have ever owned, and I have been buying vehicles since 1954. The truck is beautiful. The interior and the exterior still look like new after 98,000 miles. I have recorded every fuel purchase and have consistently gotten 17+ mpg in heavy city driving. I change the oil every 3750 miles. All of the service work has been done by the selling dealer. My wife thinks my truck rides better and is more comfortable than her Mercury Grand Marquis. The 5.3 engine has performed flawlessly and will burn rubber any time you shower down on the accelerator. I like this vehicle better than my previous vehicle, which was a Lexus that I also loved.

This vehicle tracks perfectly straight. The engine has unbelievable acceleration if it's needed, and the interior, including the cloth seats, still look like new. This vehicle has never had any rattles. I wax my truck once a year and the exterior finish still looks show-room new.

Needs a driver side grab strap.

Awsome
By Chevridin20s

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Great. Awesome with no major problems, except due to wear and tear of a normal vehicle. It's got loads of power and sounds the best than any other vehicle with exhaust. The best transmission feel that I think i have ever felt. I do not like the new '03-06 trucks due to the front end but I am keeping this truck till she does no more. Couldn't ask for anything better

Great engine with lots of passing power by droping it down one gear makes a quick and easy pass. The truck is so much fun to drive and with the rims and lots of stuff I have on it it turns heads

Fuel economy stinks but what can you do? It's got a v8 and a 6 speed trans. Add flex fuel with DOD 4 cylinders not used when you don't need em

Me & my Chev truck
By kacollins

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck used with 111k miles. I haven't had one problem with it mechanically. The previous owner who bought it new said he never had any problems before me. This is my first Chev truck after owning 3 Ford 150's. I can honestly state even if not as "pretty" as the Ford it's reliability is excellent. Especially since I expected to spend money on a truck with 100+k. Regards,

Drink trays that flip away.

Radio search button.

Good Truck
By Mike

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had the truck a while now. Happy to report everything works well, even with 82,000 on the odometer. No broken parts, squeaks, or rattles in the interior. Ride is good, and four wheel system on Z-71 is nice. The only problem I've had is a squeak in the rear end on accelearation. I've had it looked at, and it appears to be nothing. Expect marginal mileage from the Z-71. All in all, it is a very good truck, and the last attractive front-end series from GM(as opposed to the new cat eye look).

Very roomy driver and passenger seat. Controls are easy to reach and in logical placement. Great brakes and engine. Take it all punishment (it was a farm truck).

"Piston slap" is prevalent on these models. Chevrolet does not seem to acknowledge it as a problem. Also, many complain that the front end rides three to four inches lower than the rear. This is also by design.

Good truck
By John

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Excellent in 4x4, like the push button as opposed to floor mount gear. Should come with spray in liner as option. Wish mine had air vents in back seat to force cold and hot air. Rear window defrost should be an option too. Love my truck.

Front towing hooks. Easy mounting step bars and wire harness for trailer lights and brakes

Cigarette outlets in back seat for portable devices.