Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Very Dependable
By steeler3

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in May of 01. I currently have 276,000 miles on it and it runs like a top. I get 17+ MPG. I regularly change oil/filter and fuel filter and keep tires rotated. I've only had to replace the fuel pump once (although the fuel gauge was bad for the last two years). I've put two sets of brakes, two alternators, two ujoints, one catalytic converter, two window motors. Overall, this truck has been great. Keep in mind: 276,000 miles and still counting. Recently gota a speeding ticket and officer wrote "08 Silverado" (That's how good it looks)

Favorite Features

Dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the extra cab doors opened wider.

Great American Made Truck
By bobby

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

This has been the best vehicle we've ever owned. It has 160,000 mile on it and nothing has ever been replaced. The power and acceleration are good. Real good gas mileage 14cty 18-23hw. One time we got 24 on a trip. It rides like a Cadillac.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, cheap parts, relability, toughness, smooth ride. the fact that its Americain made.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I would have gotten the 4x4 5.3 liter insted of the 4.8 2wd one.

Drive it until it dies
By diniman58

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought new in '00 and other than the front wheel bearings and the crank sensor replaced I have not had any problems with it. 184k, repeat 184k, mostly HWY driving averaging 16 mpg in winter to 18 in warmer weather and not a drop of oil is used. I tow a 19ft runabout and there is plenty of power even later with the high mileage. Piston slap when cold starting is somewhat annoying, but service tech's have said that it is common and does not cause damage. This truck will be driven by me until it croaks and then I will more than likely replace the engine or whatever else needs to be done. Transmission flushed every 60k or so does wonders. Great truck. Every Ford owner wishes they were so lucky..

Favorite Features

Reliability, quiteness, towing power, looks, durability

Suggested Improvements

Rear doors need design improvement because they take extra effort to close properly to insure they are completly latched.

Happy Z71 owner
By donc

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has been a very good truck so far. The power that the 5.3 liter V8 produces is impressive. The ride for a 4X4 truck is very impressive as well. I hope to have this truck for many years to come and will definitely be a return Chevrolet Silverado buyer!

Favorite Features

Style, power, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Good the way it is!

base model Silverado
By bwhitney

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great vehicle for teenagers. Limited passenger space on the regular cab, great visability and large enough to feel safer than a compact vehicle. Plus, a pickup always comes in handy.

Favorite Features

Visabilty. Still kind of a cool vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Grips on top of cab.