2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Love this truck
By Bike Mike on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been great! So far, 70,000 trouble free miles. Ride and handling are great for a truck. My only complaint was with the stock tires- it should be illegal to put such poor (traction B) tires on a vehicle this heavy- yes, I rear ended somebody- first time in over 30 yrs of driving. With premium tires truck stops and corners great. I did have to go to aftermarket rims because the stock ones were too skinny.

Silverado Problems
By Pat H on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned the vehicle for 3 years with minor problems fixed the 1st year. I am having problems with the ABS brake system that other friends have had. Now have 62K on the truck and ABS goes on even when not needed. Sensor problem I think. Chevy should have fixed by now.

Minor Flaws
By TAT2 on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Other than the typical problems (squeaks, creaks and rattles) that most people get from Chevy, have few problems. Yoke was bad (free fix), the tailgate handle broke (free fix), and 4WD push button was recalled (free fix). Recently had recall on tailgate supports. Mileage not what I hoped, but is 5.3L 4WD V8 with over sized tires - 16 isn't bad. AC awesome, even in Arizona! Never a problem with overheating, pulls trailer with 4 motorcycles w/o even noticing. Plenty of room for 4 adults, comfort acceptable on long trips. Upgraded exhaust and intake for performance, great improvement. Rear doors are too hard to get into though.

disappointing
By johnmn on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Wish I had this 5.3L in my '95. Too many typical problems: steering knock at low speed turning, steering wheel shake at highway speed, touchy ABS, poor ride on bumps (CD will skip on interstate). My '95 with the 350 and five speed was superior in every way except acceleration. Bought used; GMC dealer refused to acknowledge the problems. (Also had '88 and '92.)

Reasons to buy from a local dealership..
By kevjalittell on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

108k miles and only required maint. 2 recalls handled by dealership with a loaner... Then Boys and girls at Ginn rock! 1 deer assasinated by wife late last year and repairs were less then expected. Truck is still sharp, solid and rattle free. Interior comfort good for all day and all nighters. Rear windows whistle if air is on MAX but not enough to annoy or get fixed. I love my truck

good overall truck
By dmc2015 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My 2000 silverado z71 is a great truck. although lifted and riding on 40's, drives like a champ and meets stock specs with mileage, ride, and interior comfort. although I only do the normal service (oil change), I really hadn't had any problems. Though driving it is a challenge, I believe is a good reliable truck.

Nothing Compares
By mebeappy on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my 2000 Silverado new. It is my second truck (1998 1st one). I have 4 boys, with the oldest being 6'5" and another son is 6', 220 lbs. Neither of them could fit in the back seat of the 98, but my 2000 has enough leg room for both to be comfortable in the back. Rides as well or better than a car, and with the PSI rear end, I can go just about anywhere!! I have had minimal problems (ie power window quit) and highway mileage is around 18. I also pull horse trailer, and you don't even know its back there. When I get rid of this one, it will be replaced by another Silverado. Chevy has sold me for life!!

Excellent Truck
By zikj on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab SB

Don't make them any better.

Not as good as my '92
By joefech on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I think this redesign has it's benefits, (ride, quiteness) but there's too much plastic and loose fitting interior parts. I have what seems to be common problems-- driveshaft yoke likes to bind on takeoff and makes a thumping noise, ABS brakes absolutely suck--if I have one tire loosing traction, it just hums and does not want to stop!!! I almost rear-ended someone because of a very small patch of ice!! Needs more sway control--maybe a rear sway bar-- too rocky in slow speed manuevers.

great truck
By tomk200 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

great truck for doing anything...can haul everything comfortably...kids fit well in the back seats...good looking too...