Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great truck, reliable friend
By great truck,Reliable

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck new, and have put 100,000 miles on it. Never stranded or stuck, no mechanical problems at all. Simple routine maintenance. Great hauler/tower. Survived head on mule deer accident, backed into tree, hit a rottweiler, and was in a garage destroyed by tornado. Nothing but a few scratches. Cons: Funny wear on front tires (inside wear), a/c sometimes weakens on long hot roadtrips, long wheel base decreases offroad ability due to long turning radius and high center potential, spartan cab comfort features on the base model.

4wd, Large bed, towing capacity, large fuel tank, surprising fuel effiecient, reliability

All in all perfect for me.

Chevy's last stand
By Jon

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with 130000 miles.4.8, automatic. I now have 204000. Doesn't burn or leak a drop. I love the way this truck drives and rides, especially after installing super chips, heavier front torsion bars, added another full leaf to the rear springs, Bilstiens, locking rear end. I hate: defective throttle body, noisy pistons when cold, defective fuel tank sender, defective 4wd switch, defective EVAP vent valve, defective abs unit, defective fan blower switch, defective drivers side window regulator, the rocker panels no longer exist due to rot due to bad design. The dealers will not reveal how many of these defective parts have been replaced. Should have been a lot more recalls than there were.

19 mpg highway except in the winter, accelerates like a big block, hauls anything. It will not make it through another inspection due to rot, check engine malfunctions, ABS system malfunctions. I will miss driving this truck but will not miss owning it. I'm going Japanese unless it's a pre 73 Chevy.

Chevy has finally passed Ford in electrical malfunctions which I didn't think was possible for any manufacturer. Besides what I have said above there's numerous small problems like every light bulb in the radio is out. Wake up Chevy and listen to your past and present owners and fix the problems.

Reliable, Do-it-all transportation
By misterco

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new 9 years ago, have put 98,000 miles on it and still running the original front brakes! Had to replace the rears at about 90k. It's a 4.8L and has had very few problems: ABS sensor quit around 39k, just after warranty expired, but dealer fixed it for a hundred bucks; fuel pressure regulator quit around 85k, and that cost me $300; had to replace the battery about a year and a half ago; and leaky rear sliding window was fixed under warranty. Still runs and drive just about like new. Does tick for about 30 seconds after cold start, and fuel gauge is erratic. Overall a quiet and solid truck. I haul dirt bikes occasionally and it rides better with a load.

Quiet, comfy and solid. 18-19 mpg hwy

Don't even offer this truck with 342 gears! It hunts between 3rd and 4th gear on the highway if there is a grade. That is the only real gripe I have about this truck. Needs a dead pedal for the left foot. Raise the front!

Great Horsepower lousy gas mileage
By CarReviewer7

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned my Silverado for about 3 years, it is an extended cab. I absolutley love everything about it except the gas mileage. It is horrible. As a person who works in the construction field I have to drive it all over California. But all in all it is a really great truck. Reliable

Air conditioning ice cold! Factory window tint. All American power!

Better gas mileage

Love my 2000 Chevy
By Jimj

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have had very little problems with my truck. I use this truck for work and haul my bobcat around. I have hauled my boat over 1200 miles with one trip with this truck. No problems. The engine finally went out at 295,000 but I replaced with a Chevrolet engine that had 93,000 miles and I know it will run 200,000 more for me. I will own nothing else than a Chevrolet. They mean it when they say " built to last ".

Everything, you can haul anything with this truck.

Don't change a thing!