2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
I love MY truck!
By RSH on 07/06/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I have had this truck for 5 years and it still drives like a dream. I have had installed new tire, new brakes (once) and replaced the fuel pump! Other thatn that regular oil changes and tune ups, keep "Big Blue" running. I highly recommend this truck to those looking for a new ride. Once you drive a truck, you'll never go back to a car. 113,000 miles and no more car payments later - I know I won't!

First Truck - I'd do it again
By Scotty on 06/06/05 16:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Very, very reliable vehicle. Driven in snow, on beach, through woods, on the farm, and it has never let me down. Did have to have the steering rack replaced ($400) and the driveshaft needs U-joints now. Same anoying piston slap everyone complains about, but the truck is solid and does everything I expect it to.

Great Truck
By eamonn fountain on 02/09/05 04:02 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is our first extended cab long bed truck and wow, drives like a Cadillac, so powerfull and smooth, we just love it. And the 8ft bed is so useful and the best MPG i've ever had in a V8 truck. 5.3 V8 has more than enough power (but i'm still gonna add some tuning goodies,lol) Interior is more like a luxury car leather, power heated seats, lumbar support, excellent driving postion. I 've been driving Chevys for years and this is the best ever. Get the LT its got every bell or whistle you'll ever need and a few you dont, but its nice to have them anyway.

Great Truck
By George P. Burdell on 11/12/04 10:31 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck. Drives like a car.

Very Few Problems
By JeffB on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

One of the best trucks I have ever owned. not nearly the prob's others have reported. I have 60K and still get 20hwy and 17 city, 10mpg while towing 24' travel trailer with the 5.3L. change oil every 3k, still have 50% brakes +. It's paid for and with the price of anything new why get one? GM support has always been less than stellar. Maybe it's the fact it was built in Canada, All the problem trucks were built in the us

What problems?
By soldoncars on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

What a wonderful decision. This truck has been reliable and trouble free since day one. It's even been rolled onto its side! Plenty of power from the 4.8 V8, and it gets decent gas mileage, around 17MPG. No major problems, other than the power steering pump needing replacement at around 34,000 mi. Seats need replacing, the brake pedal is downright soft, material quality is questionable, the steering is heavy, and the AC has a WEAK air flow on full blast, though temp is cool. Rough ride, but that can be expected. Look carefully at this. Verdict: If it's reliable, then forget material quality, buy the car.

Silverado Problems
By Pat H on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned the vehicle for 3 years with minor problems fixed the 1st year. I am having problems with the ABS brake system that other friends have had. Now have 62K on the truck and ABS goes on even when not needed. Sensor problem I think. Chevy should have fixed by now.

Minor Flaws
By TAT2 on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Other than the typical problems (squeaks, creaks and rattles) that most people get from Chevy, have few problems. Yoke was bad (free fix), the tailgate handle broke (free fix), and 4WD push button was recalled (free fix). Recently had recall on tailgate supports. Mileage not what I hoped, but is 5.3L 4WD V8 with over sized tires - 16 isn't bad. AC awesome, even in Arizona! Never a problem with overheating, pulls trailer with 4 motorcycles w/o even noticing. Plenty of room for 4 adults, comfort acceptable on long trips. Upgraded exhaust and intake for performance, great improvement. Rear doors are too hard to get into though.

disappointing
By johnmn on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Wish I had this 5.3L in my '95. Too many typical problems: steering knock at low speed turning, steering wheel shake at highway speed, touchy ABS, poor ride on bumps (CD will skip on interstate). My '95 with the 350 and five speed was superior in every way except acceleration. Bought used; GMC dealer refused to acknowledge the problems. (Also had '88 and '92.)

Reasons to buy from a local dealership..
By kevjalittell on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

108k miles and only required maint. 2 recalls handled by dealership with a loaner... Then Boys and girls at Ginn rock! 1 deer assasinated by wife late last year and repairs were less then expected. Truck is still sharp, solid and rattle free. Interior comfort good for all day and all nighters. Rear windows whistle if air is on MAX but not enough to annoy or get fixed. I love my truck