2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Awsome
By Chevridin20s on 06/17/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Great. Awesome with no major problems, except due to wear and tear of a normal vehicle. It's got loads of power and sounds the best than any other vehicle with exhaust. The best transmission feel that I think i have ever felt. I do not like the new '03-06 trucks due to the front end but I am keeping this truck till she does no more. Couldn't ask for anything better

Me & my Chev truck
By kacollins on 06/04/06 01:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck used with 111k miles. I haven't had one problem with it mechanically. The previous owner who bought it new said he never had any problems before me. This is my first Chev truck after owning 3 Ford 150's. I can honestly state even if not as "pretty" as the Ford it's reliability is excellent. Especially since I expected to spend money on a truck with 100+k. Regards,

Reliable Truck
By Allen on 04/04/06 12:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck new in 2000. I have had only 1 major problem, differential failed at 47K. Mechanics have informed me the diff is not really engineered well for a truck, more for a car. Fuel economy could have been a lot better. Overall, a good reliable truck. Can easily haul over 2500lbs of rock in bed or tow a 9600lbs trailer (and accelerate uphill). I would buy this again. I wish they would have made my model and year with manual trans.

I love my Chevy
By Nick K. on 02/27/06 19:23 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

i bought my Chevy in May '05 with 125,600 miles on it. It now has 140,000 on it. Let me just start by saying that this is an awesome truck, and I get compliments on it all the time. It might not sound like it after you read this, but it is very reliable. One thing I would say needs to be taken care of is the fuel sending unit. It was done at 110,000 and then I had to do it again at 135,000... not cool. The part alone is $400. One day #1 on my A/C fan stopped working, next day, #2 stopped. so it's Off, or 3, which is too much, such a pain. Power steering pump went the same day as fuel pump #2, at 135K.

Good Truck
By Mike on 02/16/06 22:37 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had the truck a while now. Happy to report everything works well, even with 82,000 on the odometer. No broken parts, squeaks, or rattles in the interior. Ride is good, and four wheel system on Z-71 is nice. The only problem I've had is a squeak in the rear end on accelearation. I've had it looked at, and it appears to be nothing. Expect marginal mileage from the Z-71. All in all, it is a very good truck, and the last attractive front-end series from GM(as opposed to the new cat eye look).

Good truck
By John on 01/31/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Excellent in 4x4, like the push button as opposed to floor mount gear. Should come with spray in liner as option. Wish mine had air vents in back seat to force cold and hot air. Rear window defrost should be an option too. Love my truck.

Great Truck!...BUT.......
By Travis on 12/30/05 00:46 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck overall has been a great truck except for a few things:1st the throttle body had to be replaced shortly after purchase(I know 12 others who have experienced this) the fuel gauge dances around all the time because the sending unit is bad (Lots of problems here also) (not recalled and can't pay to fix), I'm in the process of having to fix possibly the carrier bearings on drive shaft because of a roar in the rear end. Steering shaft was recalled to be lubed. Overall I have really enjoyed this truck. I have driven all over the country with it, pulled and hauled trailers and the 5.3 has been great. Fuel mileage is great for the size and power. Confortable and has been very reliable.

Good Purchase
By Nick Gibson on 10/01/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck has performed great in the 65,000 miles that I have owned it. I have had to replace two things on this truck so far (excluding brakes, filters, etc.). At 36,000 miles, the rear universal joint went out, but this was most likely due to the fact that I drive on the interstate 80% of the time and run over 90mph nearly all the time, just below the cutoff point on the engine. At 72,000 miles the fuel pump went out. This also may be attributed to my habits, as I usually let the fuel light come on and stay on a while before re-fueling. I've been told this is extremely hard on the fuel pump because it sucks in air. Other than that, no problems.

Chevy Truck-Built to last!
By Keith on 08/06/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my truck used as I needed alternate transportation for days when my Harley-Davidson may be a less than intelligent choice. I live in S. Florida and we get plenty of rain, and as they say, when it rains it pours. I have owned my truck for over a year and tire replacement and routine maintenance is all that has been required. I did choose to upgrade the stereo system as I love my tunes. Like my bike, as far as customizing goes all it takes is a vision that fits you and your wallet. I have found that I put more miles on the truck than the bike and I love to ride, but it is a very comfortable in all situations. I could have bought a cheaper truck but I feel you get what you pay for!

Some flaws, but a great truck
By Mike on 08/03/05 09:27 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it used and have 76k miles on it now. There's a slight rattle in the driver's side door occasionally. Sometimes it has a rough shift from 1st to 2nd, but that's rare. My mechanic said to replace the valve body if it became frequent. Otherwise, it's a great truck. More comfortable than any others I've owned (bucket seats), more power than I really need (5.3L V8) and a great ride for a pick-up. I don't plan on having a car payment for a long time.