Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Good Purchase
By Nick Gibson

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck has performed great in the 65,000 miles that I have owned it. I have had to replace two things on this truck so far (excluding brakes, filters, etc.). At 36,000 miles, the rear universal joint went out, but this was most likely due to the fact that I drive on the interstate 80% of the time and run over 90mph nearly all the time, just below the cutoff point on the engine. At 72,000 miles the fuel pump went out. This also may be attributed to my habits, as I usually let the fuel light come on and stay on a while before re-fueling. I've been told this is extremely hard on the fuel pump because it sucks in air. Other than that, no problems.

I love the look of this truck. I fell for from the first one I saw of the 99 - 2002 body styles. I also am a big fan of the interior, though it doesn't get great reviews in magazines. This truck also tows like crazy. I have pulled a broken truck with a loaded trailer up severe grades.

The only thing I dislike about my truck is the fuel economy (14mpg!!). The trade-off is a powerful 5.3 litre V8.

Chevy Truck-Built to last!
By Keith

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my truck used as I needed alternate transportation for days when my Harley-Davidson may be a less than intelligent choice. I live in S. Florida and we get plenty of rain, and as they say, when it rains it pours. I have owned my truck for over a year and tire replacement and routine maintenance is all that has been required. I did choose to upgrade the stereo system as I love my tunes. Like my bike, as far as customizing goes all it takes is a vision that fits you and your wallet. I have found that I put more miles on the truck than the bike and I love to ride, but it is a very comfortable in all situations. I could have bought a cheaper truck but I feel you get what you pay for!

Regular cab is large with a bench seat that makes for close contact with your mate. Seats three in comfort and the Vortec 4.3 liter V-6 provides plenty of reliable power. The towing package is nice to have and has handled all my needs. I have found more aftermarket parts one could ever wish for.

I installed the tires that I found as best match at tire rack (internet site) and went with the wider option. I must say "I love my STONES". I installed a cat-back exhaust as well as an air hog. I plan to install a cold air intake system next. The Pioneer Sound System is "XM" ready and sounds great!

Great
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

It was awsome truck to drive I drove 80 miles day up and back to work I have 114,000 miles on the truck and runs like i did when first got it.

5.3 liter engine basically 327, 300 horsepower and it looks tough!

More horse power

Tony
By Bb083064

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

It is a great truck. Well taken care of. Flowmasters were put on.

cheap truck
By dave reynolds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

i bought this truck used and 3 weeks later all the gauges are giving incorrect readings. with a full tank of gas it shows that i am on empty and when starting up the motor after sitting for a few hours the motor knocks and pings as there is no oil going to the motor for a few minutes.this will be my last chevy

perfomace