Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy Truck-Built to last!
By Keith

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my truck used as I needed alternate transportation for days when my Harley-Davidson may be a less than intelligent choice. I live in S. Florida and we get plenty of rain, and as they say, when it rains it pours. I have owned my truck for over a year and tire replacement and routine maintenance is all that has been required. I did choose to upgrade the stereo system as I love my tunes. Like my bike, as far as customizing goes all it takes is a vision that fits you and your wallet. I have found that I put more miles on the truck than the bike and I love to ride, but it is a very comfortable in all situations. I could have bought a cheaper truck but I feel you get what you pay for!

Regular cab is large with a bench seat that makes for close contact with your mate. Seats three in comfort and the Vortec 4.3 liter V-6 provides plenty of reliable power. The towing package is nice to have and has handled all my needs. I have found more aftermarket parts one could ever wish for.

I installed the tires that I found as best match at tire rack (internet site) and went with the wider option. I must say "I love my STONES". I installed a cat-back exhaust as well as an air hog. I plan to install a cold air intake system next. The Pioneer Sound System is "XM" ready and sounds great!

Great
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

It was awsome truck to drive I drove 80 miles day up and back to work I have 114,000 miles on the truck and runs like i did when first got it.

5.3 liter engine basically 327, 300 horsepower and it looks tough!

More horse power

Tony
By Bb083064

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

It is a great truck. Well taken care of. Flowmasters were put on.

cheap truck
By dave reynolds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

i bought this truck used and 3 weeks later all the gauges are giving incorrect readings. with a full tank of gas it shows that i am on empty and when starting up the motor after sitting for a few hours the motor knocks and pings as there is no oil going to the motor for a few minutes.this will be my last chevy

perfomace

everything

Love this truck
By Bike Mike

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been great! So far, 70,000 trouble free miles. Ride and handling are great for a truck. My only complaint was with the stock tires- it should be illegal to put such poor (traction B) tires on a vehicle this heavy- yes, I rear ended somebody- first time in over 30 yrs of driving. With premium tires truck stops and corners great. I did have to go to aftermarket rims because the stock ones were too skinny.

Looks, performance, dependability