Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 V8
By Kaitlin

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 2000 Chevy silverado with 146,000 miles on it. I had a few things go on it. I use this truck to pull a 2 horse bumper pull trailer. Its been good to me. I put in it a rebuild trans had a few things here and there. Now its having a few issues with going in Reverse. If this truck was a 2500 I would keep it. But I live in a hilly area and it struggles with the load to get up the hills. I live Chevy and I like what they offer. This truck been good to me for my needs.

Heated seats, push button 4wd,

They should made a Diesel in a half ton, And put a window lock in on the EXT cab models, and more leg room in the back seat..

NOTHING LIKE A CHEVY!!
By amc

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I love this truck! It is comfortable on the highway, but rough in the play. It may not have the big motors that most come out with now, but I wouldn't trade the 5.3 vortec that I do have, very reliable in all aspects. Now if they would only make every vehicle like a chevy the automotive industry would be at peace. These trucks look mild, but work the heck.

Just enough truck to do any job.

Putting a 2 to 4 inch lift would look real good.

great truck
By alburg

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new in 2000 have 278,000 miles and it still runs great have had to put 2 fuel pumps and one alternator in ten year, not bad. Have used synthetic oil and trans fluid. Changed to Bosch platinum plugs at 79k and now have 200k on the plugs, still runs great. Just bought 09 crew cab and hope it lasts this long. Keeping this truck just to see it roll on to 300k.

great towing capacity and dependability

none

Honest
By Jerry

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have always liked the driving and handling.

Very comfortable

Fuel gauge quit when warranty exp. Below average gas mileage. Vortec engine sounds awful lifter noises not repairable. Dealers have said tough luck it is a vortec engine.

Pretty good half ton
By 4bangerOZZY

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Pros: this is a very dependable truck. the 5.3L that i have in my Z71 is bulletproof compared to the Prone to head gasket repair 5.7L. The powertrain is a good 4 speed trans with a single stage torque converter, it shifts smooth and in tow/haul mode very strong and fast like you want it. The interior has plenty of room for an extended cab and the ebony leather is a nice luxury touch. For a half ton pickup its a great strong ride that's stiff like you want a pickup but softer than the other halftons for its time. I'm definitely sold on the Z71 silverados, my wife wants one for her next vehicle so it looks like shes sold on it too.

Very strong 5.3L vortec V8, transmission is solid. Love the autolocking rear differential. Body actually has curves as apposed to the old K-body.

Cons: The emergency brake is a joke, i can engage it all the way down and i can push the truck forward and back by myself.