Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy Junk
By Yach

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

When it's cold out, whenever I start my truck, I get a alot of clacking in the engine. It only last for about 5 minutes then goes away. Chevy said it's caused by carbon on the pistons and they won't fix it. They extended my warranty another 25000miles and another year. Drivetrain makes noise. they replaced the timing chain once, it still makes the same noise. Emergency brakes sticks in the cold. They fixed it once, now it won't go down all the way.

Favorite Features

4wd.

Suggested Improvements

Everything!.

Silverado troubles
By chrisb9

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Love the style and comfort of the truck but have had several problems. Some minor, some not. All problems out of warranty. One of the dual horns went out, still not fixed. Parking brake would not engage,$65 repair. Air conditioning "Freon" tube rubbed on interior part casuing leak,$350 repair. Air conditioning vent's not blowing out properly. Some vents barely blowing. Not repaired and afair to see how much to repair. Always down talked Fords but now have second thought about any america built vehicle.

This truck is really bad
By Joe Brown

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This truck, has had more problems than I can count. It uses oil,It rattles like a kids toy, The transmission has a shutter on take-off when pulling a load. This all has been topped off with GM'S pitiful excuse of service. Next time you talk to a salesman ask him what G.M,s policy is on oil usage .After you pick yourself up ask him did he really say 1 qt. for every 1000 miles ! Thats no typo it;s 1 qt. for every 1000 miles.

a little shimmy shimmy
By andym

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Overall I have been happy with my Silverado, but I do have one complaint. I have only put 24,000 miles on this truck, and the steering wheel shimmy's back and forth slightly like a vehicle with 100,000 miles might. Also, the suicide doors don't close correctly when below freezing.

By jimrs

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

This is the worst truck that I have owned to date. Bad vibration in the steering wheel. New tires or balance helps for a few hundred miles than it's back. Gas pedal sticks and is hard to drive in tight spaces. 80,000 miles on the truck. Most of the milage was on the interstate where it was not a problem after I reach 70 mph but between 62 and 70 you can't hold the wheel from shaking the whole truck. I have heard that this has been fixed in the newer trucks. I am thinking of trading for a Toyota.

Favorite Features

drive train is strong, Interior is comfortable, and truck looks good.

Suggested Improvements

I think that the problems are a safety problem and that G.M. should have had a recall not just service bulletins.