Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Like A Rock
By Jerry Maletich

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new and drove it for ten years. I gave it to my son who now drives it to work. It has almost 200,000 miles and has never had any major repairs. I replace rack and pinion steering at 195,000 miles cost $200.00 that's all, not bad.

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 V8
By Kaitlin

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 2000 Chevy silverado with 146,000 miles on it. I had a few things go on it. I use this truck to pull a 2 horse bumper pull trailer. Its been good to me. I put in it a rebuild trans had a few things here and there. Now its having a few issues with going in Reverse. If this truck was a 2500 I would keep it. But I live in a hilly area and it struggles with the load to get up the hills. I live Chevy and I like what they offer. This truck been good to me for my needs.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, push button 4wd,

Suggested Improvements

They should made a Diesel in a half ton, And put a window lock in on the EXT cab models, and more leg room in the back seat..

Always a Chevy man
By Kenny

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my 2000 silverado Z-71 in April of 2009.It had 106,000 on the odometer.It has been a very good truck so far.Gets great gas mileage,very comfortable,great performance,great ride,handles very nice.The body is in perfect shape for the age and miles,interior is spotless,under the hood is very clean.It gets driven every day,30 miles one way to work.Just changed the fuel pressure regulator,only cost $50 and easy to do myself.NO squeaks or rattles inside.Now i have 121,000 on the odometer,and still going strong!!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable,love the performance.

Suggested Improvements

The trailer hitch receiver is the most flimsy thing i ever seen i dint trust it at all,so i replaced it.Needs an extra leaf spring in the rear,my trailer makes the rear springs almost bottom out!!Piston slap on cold starts is very annoying though.

Top Pick For Me
By Charles

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 2000 silverado and its amazing!! When i saw it, there was no way i was going to let this one slip buy! Now that i have it, i look forward to driving around town and going on trips cause its so fun to drive and its very comfortable and relaxing! Built for reliability and designed for fun and relaxability! You can do just about anything with this truck and as long as you aren't stuppid, it will stay with you for a long long time! I would rather have this truck than a car cause you can work with it and then just turn around and take a vacation!! my opinion, this style truck is were chevrolet got its dependability and its overall good name! Im acking you, go drive one!!! I love it!!!!!

Favorite Features

I love the smooth ride and the dependable attitude of my silverado! Its looks good as well as drives great!

Suggested Improvements

I would have to be picky but i guess thay could have improved the ride smoothness!

NOTHING LIKE A CHEVY!!
By amc

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I love this truck! It is comfortable on the highway, but rough in the play. It may not have the big motors that most come out with now, but I wouldn't trade the 5.3 vortec that I do have, very reliable in all aspects. Now if they would only make every vehicle like a chevy the automotive industry would be at peace. These trucks look mild, but work the heck.

Favorite Features

Just enough truck to do any job.

Suggested Improvements

Putting a 2 to 4 inch lift would look real good.