2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great Horsepower lousy gas mileage
By CarReviewer7 on 07/14/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned my Silverado for about 3 years, it is an extended cab. I absolutley love everything about it except the gas mileage. It is horrible. As a person who works in the construction field I have to drive it all over California. But all in all it is a really great truck. Reliable

Love my 2000 Chevy
By Jimj on 06/27/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have had very little problems with my truck. I use this truck for work and haul my bobcat around. I have hauled my boat over 1200 miles with one trip with this truck. No problems. The engine finally went out at 295,000 but I replaced with a Chevrolet engine that had 93,000 miles and I know it will run 200,000 more for me. I will own nothing else than a Chevrolet. They mean it when they say " built to last ".

Great Truck
By Tim on 06/06/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my truck with 9000 miles it now has 80000 miles. It has been a great truck, comfortable to drive, decent fuel mileage (16-17 mpg average) for a full sized truck. The only major problems with it are the rear differental & ring and pinion self destructing around 40000 miles and the sending unit for the fuel guage, just reset the trip odometer. I intend on keeping this truck untill it nickel and dimes me to death. Gets washed once a week, waxed once a month, oil changed every 3000-4000 miles. Looks and runs mint for a 8 yr old truck. Has the 4.8liter v8 automatic transmission and the locker rear end.

Very Dependable
By steeler3 on 05/27/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in May of 01. I currently have 276,000 miles on it and it runs like a top. I get 17+ MPG. I regularly change oil/filter and fuel filter and keep tires rotated. I've only had to replace the fuel pump once (although the fuel gauge was bad for the last two years). I've put two sets of brakes, two alternators, two ujoints, one catalytic converter, two window motors. Overall, this truck has been great. Keep in mind: 276,000 miles and still counting. Recently gota a speeding ticket and officer wrote "08 Silverado" (That's how good it looks)

Great American Made Truck
By bobby on 03/14/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

This has been the best vehicle we've ever owned. It has 160,000 mile on it and nothing has ever been replaced. The power and acceleration are good. Real good gas mileage 14cty 18-23hw. One time we got 24 on a trip. It rides like a Cadillac.

Drive it until it dies
By diniman58 on 01/30/08 17:42 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought new in '00 and other than the front wheel bearings and the crank sensor replaced I have not had any problems with it. 184k, repeat 184k, mostly HWY driving averaging 16 mpg in winter to 18 in warmer weather and not a drop of oil is used. I tow a 19ft runabout and there is plenty of power even later with the high mileage. Piston slap when cold starting is somewhat annoying, but service tech's have said that it is common and does not cause damage. This truck will be driven by me until it croaks and then I will more than likely replace the engine or whatever else needs to be done. Transmission flushed every 60k or so does wonders. Great truck. Every Ford owner wishes they were so lucky..

Happy Z71 owner
By donc on 11/06/07 00:36 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has been a very good truck so far. The power that the 5.3 liter V8 produces is impressive. The ride for a 4X4 truck is very impressive as well. I hope to have this truck for many years to come and will definitely be a return Chevrolet Silverado buyer!

base model Silverado
By bwhitney on 08/06/07 20:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great vehicle for teenagers. Limited passenger space on the regular cab, great visability and large enough to feel safer than a compact vehicle. Plus, a pickup always comes in handy.

Great Truck Overall
By labguy on 11/28/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have towed and hauled heavily with this truck and have had no major problems. The only problems I have had is the driver side window motor needed to be replaced after about 4 years and the fuel gauge dances around due to a bad sending unit which I have not replaced. Gas mileage is average for a truck this size. I'd have to say that I amd very satisfied with the truck overall. It has so far been very reliable. Just replaced the original tires at 77,000 miles. I haven't notice any noise or squeaks in the interior as some have noted. Did have a squeaky powersteering belt but that has been fixed.

A great vehicle
By silverado on 10/18/06 19:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This has been a great vehicle, one of the best that I have ever owned, and I have been buying vehicles since 1954. The truck is beautiful. The interior and the exterior still look like new after 98,000 miles. I have recorded every fuel purchase and have consistently gotten 17+ mpg in heavy city driving. I change the oil every 3750 miles. All of the service work has been done by the selling dealer. My wife thinks my truck rides better and is more comfortable than her Mercury Grand Marquis. The 5.3 engine has performed flawlessly and will burn rubber any time you shower down on the accelerator. I like this vehicle better than my previous vehicle, which was a Lexus that I also loved.