2000 Silverado 1500 LT
By tjc43 on
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB
I have owned two silverados in the pass few years. My first silverado was a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS. I enjoyed driving that truck while I owned it. I sold it due to gas mileage and being a college student. I ended up buying a civic for the excellent gas mileage. The gas mileage was nice and all but I soon realized I needed to be back in a full size truck regardless of gas mileage. I then purchased a 2000 Chevy Silverado Lt edition. I quickly fell in love with the truck. It was basically identical to my LS except having a few more features.
Favorite Features
My LT has black leather interior with heated seats and lumbar support whereas my LS had cloth interior. These features make it a very comfortable ride on long drives. Also my LT had a push button 4 wheel drive whereas my LS you had to engage yourself by hand on the floor. Both trucks had the 5.3L 327 cubic inch motor which I believe still to this day has plenty of power to get up and go. Both My LT and LS I purchased with over 100,000 miles on them. Both Trucks have been excellent reliable vehicles. This pass year I drove from northeast Ohio down to myrtle beach twice, once to orlando, once to tennessee and once to chicago. I did not have one problem each trip! I love this 12 year old truck!
Suggested Improvements
A few improvements GM motors could have made on this truck are the following. These trucks are known for their rocker panels rusting out underneath the doors then soon rust will reach the doors. Another spot on the truck known to rot out first is the back wheel wells. Fortunatly, My truck was well taken care of and even though its 12 years old, the wheel wells are solid and the rockers are not rotted through yet, allthough starting to. The truck gets around 14-15miles per gallon average, but what do you expect its a full size v8 truck. If you take care of this truck it will take care of you. I have enjoyed owning two of these trucks now.