Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great American Made Truck
By bobby

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

This has been the best vehicle we've ever owned. It has 160,000 mile on it and nothing has ever been replaced. The power and acceleration are good. Real good gas mileage 14cty 18-23hw. One time we got 24 on a trip. It rides like a Cadillac.

Gas mileage, cheap parts, relability, toughness, smooth ride. the fact that its Americain made.

I wish I would have gotten the 4x4 5.3 liter insted of the 4.8 2wd one.

base model Silverado
By bwhitney

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great vehicle for teenagers. Limited passenger space on the regular cab, great visability and large enough to feel safer than a compact vehicle. Plus, a pickup always comes in handy.

Visabilty. Still kind of a cool vehicle.

Grips on top of cab.

Reliable Truck
By Allen

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck new in 2000. I have had only 1 major problem, differential failed at 47K. Mechanics have informed me the diff is not really engineered well for a truck, more for a car. Fuel economy could have been a lot better. Overall, a good reliable truck. Can easily haul over 2500lbs of rock in bed or tow a 9600lbs trailer (and accelerate uphill). I would buy this again. I wish they would have made my model and year with manual trans.

Power, 4.8L engine has enough, considering this is not a race car, but rather a truck.

I would recommend they improve fuel efficiency. I do not like plastic everywhere inside cab. Use 5 speed auto vs 4 speed, or make standard trans an option for this year and model.

I love my Chevy
By Nick K.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

i bought my Chevy in May '05 with 125,600 miles on it. It now has 140,000 on it. Let me just start by saying that this is an awesome truck, and I get compliments on it all the time. It might not sound like it after you read this, but it is very reliable. One thing I would say needs to be taken care of is the fuel sending unit. It was done at 110,000 and then I had to do it again at 135,000... not cool. The part alone is $400. One day #1 on my A/C fan stopped working, next day, #2 stopped. so it's Off, or 3, which is too much, such a pain. Power steering pump went the same day as fuel pump #2, at 135K.

Incredible power, 4.8 v8, will light up 33" tires at 35 mph, awesome styling, and great reliablity. people guess it has 50K but it has almost 150K. Truck has held up great.

Fuelsending unit problems, stupid little stuff. mileage could be better, I get 14 around town. but overall I love the truck more every day, and most people will say the same.

Good Purchase
By Nick Gibson

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck has performed great in the 65,000 miles that I have owned it. I have had to replace two things on this truck so far (excluding brakes, filters, etc.). At 36,000 miles, the rear universal joint went out, but this was most likely due to the fact that I drive on the interstate 80% of the time and run over 90mph nearly all the time, just below the cutoff point on the engine. At 72,000 miles the fuel pump went out. This also may be attributed to my habits, as I usually let the fuel light come on and stay on a while before re-fueling. I've been told this is extremely hard on the fuel pump because it sucks in air. Other than that, no problems.

I love the look of this truck. I fell for from the first one I saw of the 99 - 2002 body styles. I also am a big fan of the interior, though it doesn't get great reviews in magazines. This truck also tows like crazy. I have pulled a broken truck with a loaded trailer up severe grades.

The only thing I dislike about my truck is the fuel economy (14mpg!!). The trade-off is a powerful 5.3 litre V8.