2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
great truck
By alburg on 01/04/10 08:59 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new in 2000 have 278,000 miles and it still runs great have had to put 2 fuel pumps and one alternator in ten year, not bad. Have used synthetic oil and trans fluid. Changed to Bosch platinum plugs at 79k and now have 200k on the plugs, still runs great. Just bought 09 crew cab and hope it lasts this long. Keeping this truck just to see it roll on to 300k.

Honest
By Jerry on 12/09/09 13:06 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have always liked the driving and handling.

Pretty good half ton
By 4bangerOZZY on 10/30/09 20:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Pros: this is a very dependable truck. the 5.3L that i have in my Z71 is bulletproof compared to the Prone to head gasket repair 5.7L. The powertrain is a good 4 speed trans with a single stage torque converter, it shifts smooth and in tow/haul mode very strong and fast like you want it. The interior has plenty of room for an extended cab and the ebony leather is a nice luxury touch. For a half ton pickup its a great strong ride that's stiff like you want a pickup but softer than the other halftons for its time. I'm definitely sold on the Z71 silverados, my wife wants one for her next vehicle so it looks like shes sold on it too.

Great truck, reliable friend
By great truck,Reliable on 06/26/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck new, and have put 100,000 miles on it. Never stranded or stuck, no mechanical problems at all. Simple routine maintenance. Great hauler/tower. Survived head on mule deer accident, backed into tree, hit a rottweiler, and was in a garage destroyed by tornado. Nothing but a few scratches. Cons: Funny wear on front tires (inside wear), a/c sometimes weakens on long hot roadtrips, long wheel base decreases offroad ability due to long turning radius and high center potential, spartan cab comfort features on the base model.

Chevy's last stand
By Jon on 11/03/08 21:10 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with 130000 miles.4.8, automatic. I now have 204000. Doesn't burn or leak a drop. I love the way this truck drives and rides, especially after installing super chips, heavier front torsion bars, added another full leaf to the rear springs, Bilstiens, locking rear end. I hate: defective throttle body, noisy pistons when cold, defective fuel tank sender, defective 4wd switch, defective EVAP vent valve, defective abs unit, defective fan blower switch, defective drivers side window regulator, the rocker panels no longer exist due to rot due to bad design. The dealers will not reveal how many of these defective parts have been replaced. Should have been a lot more recalls than there were.

Reliable, Do-it-all transportation
By misterco on 10/02/08 23:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new 9 years ago, have put 98,000 miles on it and still running the original front brakes! Had to replace the rears at about 90k. It's a 4.8L and has had very few problems: ABS sensor quit around 39k, just after warranty expired, but dealer fixed it for a hundred bucks; fuel pressure regulator quit around 85k, and that cost me $300; had to replace the battery about a year and a half ago; and leaky rear sliding window was fixed under warranty. Still runs and drive just about like new. Does tick for about 30 seconds after cold start, and fuel gauge is erratic. Overall a quiet and solid truck. I haul dirt bikes occasionally and it rides better with a load.

Great Horsepower lousy gas mileage
By CarReviewer7 on 07/14/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned my Silverado for about 3 years, it is an extended cab. I absolutley love everything about it except the gas mileage. It is horrible. As a person who works in the construction field I have to drive it all over California. But all in all it is a really great truck. Reliable

Love my 2000 Chevy
By Jimj on 06/27/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have had very little problems with my truck. I use this truck for work and haul my bobcat around. I have hauled my boat over 1200 miles with one trip with this truck. No problems. The engine finally went out at 295,000 but I replaced with a Chevrolet engine that had 93,000 miles and I know it will run 200,000 more for me. I will own nothing else than a Chevrolet. They mean it when they say " built to last ".

Great Truck
By Tim on 06/06/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my truck with 9000 miles it now has 80000 miles. It has been a great truck, comfortable to drive, decent fuel mileage (16-17 mpg average) for a full sized truck. The only major problems with it are the rear differental & ring and pinion self destructing around 40000 miles and the sending unit for the fuel guage, just reset the trip odometer. I intend on keeping this truck untill it nickel and dimes me to death. Gets washed once a week, waxed once a month, oil changed every 3000-4000 miles. Looks and runs mint for a 8 yr old truck. Has the 4.8liter v8 automatic transmission and the locker rear end.

Very Dependable
By steeler3 on 05/27/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in May of 01. I currently have 276,000 miles on it and it runs like a top. I get 17+ MPG. I regularly change oil/filter and fuel filter and keep tires rotated. I've only had to replace the fuel pump once (although the fuel gauge was bad for the last two years). I've put two sets of brakes, two alternators, two ujoints, one catalytic converter, two window motors. Overall, this truck has been great. Keep in mind: 276,000 miles and still counting. Recently gota a speeding ticket and officer wrote "08 Silverado" (That's how good it looks)