Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My Y2K truck after 37K miles
By Germanator

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

It has been 3 years now that I have owned my truck and it has held up very well. I have customized it and pumped a bit more power out of that 4.8L V8. It definately has some kick to it. Nothing has been wrong with it after 3 years and 37K miles. This is a great truck. I will keep it for a few more years.

Kicking V8 power, handeling on and off- road. Best Chevy design. self dimming mirror. Can be customized without problems to fit your personal taste.

More V8 power make the 6.0L available as an option. Keep up the quality work!

Best US vehicle in 15 years
By Scottthecarguy

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have traded cars every 24 months since 1987 until the 2000 Silverado. I've driven it 48 months. I had differential bearing failure ($1400 - 50% GM regional repayment)at 45K miles and anti-Lok light in the winter until the system is warm. Michelin 265/70-16 SUV Terrain tires and top end Monroe shocks improved the ride to almost perfect. 16.8 C/H MPG average no better on the highway only (80+ MPH usually). Parking brake has little holding power. Replaced all 4 brakes at 80K miles and was advised that 50% material remained. Previous generations got only 30K miles, so I'm making up for the bearing failure in reduced brake service.

Console with notepad holder. Rear seat flips up for easy dog travel.

Change the rear doors to a slide like a van or a double hinge that opens back toward the box. The rear door is almost useless in a parking lot unless you have an open space on either side. Not likely in Atlanta.

Nice pickup
By dockhawg

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought used and love the truck, only maintenance issue was fuel injector pressure regulator $90 @ 49k. Truck hauls boat like a dream ( 4000 lbs) and gets 15-16 while towing on open road. In town mileage 14-15 and 16-17 on highway. Great looks and peppy even with small V-8.

Smooth ride on highway-great looks

Daytime driving lights don't seem to last. I have replaced both sides.

2000 Silverado Z71
By Migs

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Awesome truck...solid, reliable, comfortable, solid off-road performance. Over 45K miles and running great. Parking can be a challenge, especially in cramped areas. Will definately buy another Chevy truck.

Interior room, especially the back seat.

Reduce road noise, turning radius (tough to park in cramped quarters)

My first New Chevrolet Truck
By Daniel Thomas

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Performance is very good, I am a little concerned about the transmission and the Aluminum driveshaft. At 23000 miles I have had no problems with the vehicle other than a readjust of the idle once by the dealer. Mileage has been good with about 16 mpg city and 19 mpg highway with a 5.3l engine with a 4wd vehicle with an automatic transmission. I pretty happy with the truck.