Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck
By Joe454

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck after extensive research. It proved to be excellent in the snow, far better than my old truck (1992 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext. Cab 4x4), especially with the push-button auto 4 wheel drive, which always kicked in properly. Nurse the gas pedal and you'll get decent (for a truck) gas milage with the 5.3L V8-- between 14 and 18 mpg on average. This is phenomenal compared with my old truck (9 to 10 mpg on a 7.4L 454 V8).

Great engine; handled snow flawlessly; comfortable on long hauls; looks great (not too conservative, not to flashy)

I experienced a few annoyances: the pas. door started rattling when deep bass came through the sound system; steering fluid had to be replaced; and the running lights are constantly burning out.

My 2000 Silverado
By pokey52

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

My first pickup. Love it! Plenty of room in the extended cab for kids. My wife and I have sat in there while the adult kids had the front. A bit cramped but not uncomfortable and a fun change for us. Only one problem. In the year and a half I have owned it. All brake rotors were warped. Dealer replaced them at no charge. Once you've had a truck you'll never go back!

This baby will go when you need it. Passing, merging, no problem! I like the interior design and color. I especially like the CD player.

Center drop down consol is a pain. Opens from the front and is difficult to get into while driving. I have a CD player with storage for cassett tapes. Also need a coin holder. Not much to complain about. I do love this truck!

My Y2K truck after 37K miles
By Germanator

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

It has been 3 years now that I have owned my truck and it has held up very well. I have customized it and pumped a bit more power out of that 4.8L V8. It definately has some kick to it. Nothing has been wrong with it after 3 years and 37K miles. This is a great truck. I will keep it for a few more years.

Kicking V8 power, handeling on and off- road. Best Chevy design. self dimming mirror. Can be customized without problems to fit your personal taste.

More V8 power make the 6.0L available as an option. Keep up the quality work!

Best US vehicle in 15 years
By Scottthecarguy

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have traded cars every 24 months since 1987 until the 2000 Silverado. I've driven it 48 months. I had differential bearing failure ($1400 - 50% GM regional repayment)at 45K miles and anti-Lok light in the winter until the system is warm. Michelin 265/70-16 SUV Terrain tires and top end Monroe shocks improved the ride to almost perfect. 16.8 C/H MPG average no better on the highway only (80+ MPH usually). Parking brake has little holding power. Replaced all 4 brakes at 80K miles and was advised that 50% material remained. Previous generations got only 30K miles, so I'm making up for the bearing failure in reduced brake service.

Console with notepad holder. Rear seat flips up for easy dog travel.

Change the rear doors to a slide like a van or a double hinge that opens back toward the box. The rear door is almost useless in a parking lot unless you have an open space on either side. Not likely in Atlanta.

Nice pickup
By dockhawg

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought used and love the truck, only maintenance issue was fuel injector pressure regulator $90 @ 49k. Truck hauls boat like a dream ( 4000 lbs) and gets 15-16 while towing on open road. In town mileage 14-15 and 16-17 on highway. Great looks and peppy even with small V-8.

Smooth ride on highway-great looks

Daytime driving lights don't seem to last. I have replaced both sides.

• SUV