2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Performs beyond my expectations.
By Robbie1510 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my truck for 7 months and I have definatly put it to the test. Living in Utah makes it easy to test the trucks abilities in the elements. So far I am very happy with the performance and durabilty. This truck has taken me to the Grand Canyon in November (8" of snow 45 miles unplowed), through rivers, streams, muddy ponds, up and down mountain trails, and in between all this pounding, the extensive road trips in comfort. Keep in mind my truck is still stock with no modifications.

I've had 3 fords and this is my 3rd Chev
By billut on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a rare Z71 with 5sp manual, 4.8 and manual transfer case. Very tight well built truck. Never been to the dealer yet after 2.5 years. Get 20+ MPG at 75mph. Plenty of power at 4800ft alt. Very roomy cab and the only bad thing I'll say is the firestone tires are not very good. I'd buy again! The last 2 fords were in the shop atleast 30 days the first year.

Silverado 4x4
By Jaspar on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I looked at Ford, Dodge, and Toyota and this is the best of the bunch. I've owned Ford's and will never buy another one. Great ride for a truck. Service at my local dealership is great. My next truck will also be GM.

I love mine
By JR Cook on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have the Red with silver, one coplaint is that everybody must of got that color as well. I love everything about mine except the sun visors, they are useless, unless you sit with the seat all the way forward. The 5.3 is a very snappy motor, it gets 18 mpg on the highway.

great truck
By stitz1 on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

drove ford dodge . chevy has them then beat by miles . looks /ride/perf. i will never look at another maker.

Transmission
By Dougclark on 03/15/02 10:25 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have a V6 that always wants to slip our of gear or bind after driving hwy speeds then slowing to 15-20 MPH then accerating again, the trans will slip then after thr RPM's raise up it will slam into gear. GM and the Dealer says that is normal for this vehicle. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. dwclark@datamaxx.com

This truck is really bad
By Joe Brown on 03/12/02 15:54 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This truck, has had more problems than I can count. It uses oil,It rattles like a kids toy, The transmission has a shutter on take-off when pulling a load. This all has been topped off with GM'S pitiful excuse of service. Next time you talk to a salesman ask him what G.M,s policy is on oil usage .After you pick yourself up ask him did he really say 1 qt. for every 1000 miles ! Thats no typo it;s 1 qt. for every 1000 miles.

Great truck
By colejess on 03/10/02 03:04 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Traded in a 1999 F-150 for my 2000 Chevrolet. Chevrolet has better gas milage, power and comfort. Have 19,000.00 miles, and to this point I have not had it to the dealer for any problems.

2K silverado std cab swb
By jaegerman on 03/04/02 04:13 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

Lighter than a gmc.

Silverado Z71
By Megachange on 02/27/02 14:27 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I've had this truck for almost a year and a half. The following is a list of problems: check 4WD light came on, multiple squeaks and rattles in the center console and dash, driver side seatbelt locked, and it's pulled to either the left or right side since I got it. This truck also has a ticking noise after it's warmed up. Took it to the dealer and was told that's the way the truck was designed. He said something about a exhaust knock. (I DON'T recommend Vandergriff Chevrolet in Arlington)