Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

disappointing
By johnmn

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Wish I had this 5.3L in my '95. Too many typical problems: steering knock at low speed turning, steering wheel shake at highway speed, touchy ABS, poor ride on bumps (CD will skip on interstate). My '95 with the 350 and five speed was superior in every way except acceleration. Bought used; GMC dealer refused to acknowledge the problems. (Also had '88 and '92.)

Acceleration, appearance

Needs improved steering and suspension. Dealers should acknowledge well-known problems.

Reasons to buy from a local dealership..
By kevjalittell

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

108k miles and only required maint. 2 recalls handled by dealership with a loaner... Then Boys and girls at Ginn rock! 1 deer assasinated by wife late last year and repairs were less then expected. Truck is still sharp, solid and rattle free. Interior comfort good for all day and all nighters. Rear windows whistle if air is on MAX but not enough to annoy or get fixed. I love my truck

After driving Toyota Tacoma's for 10 years (Also great trucks) I love the room and comfort. 12 and 14 year olds are still comfortable in the back seat...

good overall truck
By dmc2015

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My 2000 silverado z71 is a great truck. although lifted and riding on 40's, drives like a champ and meets stock specs with mileage, ride, and interior comfort. although I only do the normal service (oil change), I really hadn't had any problems. Though driving it is a challenge, I believe is a good reliable truck.

Exterior appearance, looks good lifted, well designed interior, and view from drivers seat.

Nothing comes to mind.....

Nothing Compares
By mebeappy

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my 2000 Silverado new. It is my second truck (1998 1st one). I have 4 boys, with the oldest being 6'5" and another son is 6', 220 lbs. Neither of them could fit in the back seat of the 98, but my 2000 has enough leg room for both to be comfortable in the back. Rides as well or better than a car, and with the PSI rear end, I can go just about anywhere!! I have had minimal problems (ie power window quit) and highway mileage is around 18. I also pull horse trailer, and you don't even know its back there. When I get rid of this one, it will be replaced by another Silverado. Chevy has sold me for life!!

Ride is best on the market, and its styling still turns heads! Power can't be matched.

Excellent Truck
By zikj

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3dr Extended Cab SB

Don't make them any better.

Roomy, peppy, good handling and reliable

4 doors on the extended cab