2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews 12

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My Experience
By JYoho on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

After 2 years and being someone that keeps vehicles a long time, I am ready to unload this one. The squeeks and rattles have won; I am tired of fighting with Chevrolet who tells me to go to the dealer and the dealer who says that they can't do anything about the poor quality. The drivetrain made a lot of noise until the 11th trip to the dealer who finally replaced it. Finally confessed there was a problem with it. The squeek in the leaf springs is an ongoing battle that I am losing. The squeeks and groans in the body flex are common and to the point where I expect them. Can's say that I will buy another GM product.

Disapointed
By schoondo on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This truck has been to the shop more times in 1 1/2 years than my 89 was in 11 years with 220,000 miles. So far these items have been replaced; yoke, ignition switch, auto 4wd switch, rear door latches, front seat belts, radio, 2 tires (Firestone) and tail gate handle housing. Body is solid and looks and drives great. Lots of power to 97 mph then falls on it's face. Sun visors are usless on the side. Coolant temperature guage starts too high (160).

Wish I had anouther Truck
By Brian95 on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I own a 2000 Z71 and have had to many problems for such an expensive truck. When I start it up in the morning it knocks for the first minute or so. This started at 15000 miles. The dealer told me it was carbon build up and that there was no recomended repair at this time. What does that mean. Then the Emergency break went out after 32000 miles. The 4WD switch went out at 35000 miles and my A/c freezes up and wont blow any more. The lower lumbar broke and the dash rattles when I'm on the Highway.

Wouldn't Drive Anything Else
By Jay Vara on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck is awesome, Power and Looks blow the competition away! No problems after 23,000 miles. At 3k miles replaced the stock Firestones with BFG KO's, handles exceptionally well, superior in snow, looks great and still 18mpg on highway. Doesn't use a drop of oil, change it every 5k using Mobil 1 Synthetic and K&N high flow filter. Only the best for this motor.

my dream truck
By mountum on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This was my very first new truck purchase.I ordered it in dec. 2001and got it in mar.It was exactly what Iwanted and very sharp looking.Had one small problem, it liked oil;and lot's of it.Used 2 qts the first 1200 miles then 1 qt every 1000 miles.The dealership finally changed the pcv and that has stopped the consumption.Also had to have the rear springs replaced.

Silverado troubles
By chrisb9 on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Love the style and comfort of the truck but have had several problems. Some minor, some not. All problems out of warranty. One of the dual horns went out, still not fixed. Parking brake would not engage,$65 repair. Air conditioning "Freon" tube rubbed on interior part casuing leak,$350 repair. Air conditioning vent's not blowing out properly. Some vents barely blowing. Not repaired and afair to see how much to repair. Always down talked Fords but now have second thought about any america built vehicle.

Lots of small problems
By Ghost Rider 6 CE on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

In about 18000 miles, this truck has been back to the dealers about 9 times for small things that should never have happened, in my opinion. Air leaks, rough idle, pulling to the right, surge, stumbling, fuel pump replacement, 2 computer reprogrammings, window replacement, spare tire lock improperly installed at build, DRL lamps burn out, steering box replacement, cold knock if use 10W30 oil, tappet noise if using 5W30 oil, etc. Worst part is dealers seem fairly incompetent. The customer has to do the troubleshooting for them and look up the tech bulletins too - they are too lazy or ignorant to do it.

2001 Z71
By JohnColes on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

14 trips back to the dealer for warranty work. Fuel Cap, side windows, rear window, differential fluid, yoke, throttle , steering column, door hinges,wheel alignment, security interlock, brake cable recall,

all that glitter ain't gold
By phil45 on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

best looking truck i ever saw,but had some problems.the slip yoke on the drive shaft goes slip clunk every time you take off.dealer says there's nothing he can do? second the stearing shaft rattled like it was going to fall off,dealer greased the intermidiater shaft on stearing. that seamed to fix that .last 4 wheel drive switch in transmission went,out dealer repaired. I spent more on this truck than my last 2 trucks and had more trouble with it.the moral of the story is just because it looks good don't mean it runs good.

Chevy's Are Great
By Chevyman on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my Silverdo! The very powerful 5.3 is great to drive. I know when I'm pulling my boat or towing my camper, the power is always sufficient. I also took on a F-150 and smoked him. It is the greatest truck Chevy ever built.