2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
my dream truck
By mountum on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This was my very first new truck purchase.I ordered it in dec. 2001and got it in mar.It was exactly what Iwanted and very sharp looking.Had one small problem, it liked oil;and lot's of it.Used 2 qts the first 1200 miles then 1 qt every 1000 miles.The dealership finally changed the pcv and that has stopped the consumption.Also had to have the rear springs replaced.

Silverado troubles
By chrisb9 on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Love the style and comfort of the truck but have had several problems. Some minor, some not. All problems out of warranty. One of the dual horns went out, still not fixed. Parking brake would not engage,$65 repair. Air conditioning "Freon" tube rubbed on interior part casuing leak,$350 repair. Air conditioning vent's not blowing out properly. Some vents barely blowing. Not repaired and afair to see how much to repair. Always down talked Fords but now have second thought about any america built vehicle.

Lots of small problems
By Ghost Rider 6 CE on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

In about 18000 miles, this truck has been back to the dealers about 9 times for small things that should never have happened, in my opinion. Air leaks, rough idle, pulling to the right, surge, stumbling, fuel pump replacement, 2 computer reprogrammings, window replacement, spare tire lock improperly installed at build, DRL lamps burn out, steering box replacement, cold knock if use 10W30 oil, tappet noise if using 5W30 oil, etc. Worst part is dealers seem fairly incompetent. The customer has to do the troubleshooting for them and look up the tech bulletins too - they are too lazy or ignorant to do it.

2001 Z71
By JohnColes on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

14 trips back to the dealer for warranty work. Fuel Cap, side windows, rear window, differential fluid, yoke, throttle , steering column, door hinges,wheel alignment, security interlock, brake cable recall,

all that glitter ain't gold
By phil45 on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

best looking truck i ever saw,but had some problems.the slip yoke on the drive shaft goes slip clunk every time you take off.dealer says there's nothing he can do? second the stearing shaft rattled like it was going to fall off,dealer greased the intermidiater shaft on stearing. that seamed to fix that .last 4 wheel drive switch in transmission went,out dealer repaired. I spent more on this truck than my last 2 trucks and had more trouble with it.the moral of the story is just because it looks good don't mean it runs good.

Chevy's Are Great
By Chevyman on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my Silverdo! The very powerful 5.3 is great to drive. I know when I'm pulling my boat or towing my camper, the power is always sufficient. I also took on a F-150 and smoked him. It is the greatest truck Chevy ever built.

Chevy is King
By KennyA on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned my Silverado for two years now and have 28,000 miles on it. I continue to be amazed by this truck. It is the most powerful vehicle I have ever owned (285 hp), the passing gear will give you whiplash, and at 70 mph this thing isn't even turning 2000 rpm. The ride and handling are oustanding. Fuel economy still averaging 20 mpg. What's not to like?

Performs beyond my expectations.
By Robbie1510 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my truck for 7 months and I have definatly put it to the test. Living in Utah makes it easy to test the trucks abilities in the elements. So far I am very happy with the performance and durabilty. This truck has taken me to the Grand Canyon in November (8" of snow 45 miles unplowed), through rivers, streams, muddy ponds, up and down mountain trails, and in between all this pounding, the extensive road trips in comfort. Keep in mind my truck is still stock with no modifications.

I've had 3 fords and this is my 3rd Chev
By billut on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a rare Z71 with 5sp manual, 4.8 and manual transfer case. Very tight well built truck. Never been to the dealer yet after 2.5 years. Get 20+ MPG at 75mph. Plenty of power at 4800ft alt. Very roomy cab and the only bad thing I'll say is the firestone tires are not very good. I'd buy again! The last 2 fords were in the shop atleast 30 days the first year.

Silverado 4x4
By Jaspar on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I looked at Ford, Dodge, and Toyota and this is the best of the bunch. I've owned Ford's and will never buy another one. Great ride for a truck. Service at my local dealership is great. My next truck will also be GM.