2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Like A Rock
By Jerry Maletich on 09/06/10 09:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new and drove it for ten years. I gave it to my son who now drives it to work. It has almost 200,000 miles and has never had any major repairs. I replace rack and pinion steering at 195,000 miles cost $200.00 that's all, not bad.

Top Pick For Me
By Charles on 03/02/10 11:23 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 2000 silverado and its amazing!! When i saw it, there was no way i was going to let this one slip buy! Now that i have it, i look forward to driving around town and going on trips cause its so fun to drive and its very comfortable and relaxing! Built for reliability and designed for fun and relaxability! You can do just about anything with this truck and as long as you aren't stuppid, it will stay with you for a long long time! I would rather have this truck than a car cause you can work with it and then just turn around and take a vacation!! my opinion, this style truck is were chevrolet got its dependability and its overall good name! Im acking you, go drive one!!! I love it!!!!!

2000 Silverado Best Damn Truck ever Made
By drofwood on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the best looking Truck on the road today. They messed up when they (chevrolet) changed the front grill to what it is today. (man what kind of drugs were they on?) It handles like a dream and looks like one to. I love mine and will not buy anything else!!!!!!!

Dissatisfaction
By NortonP on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Loved my truck until ~45000 miles. Apparently not built like a rock & don't love it anymore. First, replaced fuel pump & then when I went to get my first inspection sticker after the manufacturer's one expired, it failed because of the rear parking brake shoes being worn. Living in Texas, I have never used the parking brake. Chevy customer service said that it was normal wear and tear & not a defect even though there is a bulletin on the problem. Chevy's customer service is terrible so if buying a Chevy, better buy an extended warranty or have deep pockets. After the experience with Chevrolet's customer service, will never buy another GM product.

Best used truck, anywhere, any place!!
By ButchA on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used at the local dealer here in town. I originally had an old well used, worn out, '87 Ford Ranger that had 139,000 miles and was rusting, battered, beat up, and not reliable anymore. I discovered the 2000 Chevy 1500 Silverado LS regular cab, off the internet and went to check it out. It's amazing! Simply put. Even though it has 71,000 miles, it is still in incredibly good condition. This truck is built to last and way more rugged than my old Ford Ranger. This truck has the optional 4.8L V8 engine instead of the V6, which gives it a lot more oomph on the road.