Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

base model Silverado
By bwhitney

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great vehicle for teenagers. Limited passenger space on the regular cab, great visability and large enough to feel safer than a compact vehicle. Plus, a pickup always comes in handy.

Favorite Features

Visabilty. Still kind of a cool vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Grips on top of cab.

Chevy Truck-Built to last!
By Keith

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my truck used as I needed alternate transportation for days when my Harley-Davidson may be a less than intelligent choice. I live in S. Florida and we get plenty of rain, and as they say, when it rains it pours. I have owned my truck for over a year and tire replacement and routine maintenance is all that has been required. I did choose to upgrade the stereo system as I love my tunes. Like my bike, as far as customizing goes all it takes is a vision that fits you and your wallet. I have found that I put more miles on the truck than the bike and I love to ride, but it is a very comfortable in all situations. I could have bought a cheaper truck but I feel you get what you pay for!

Favorite Features

Regular cab is large with a bench seat that makes for close contact with your mate. Seats three in comfort and the Vortec 4.3 liter V-6 provides plenty of reliable power. The towing package is nice to have and has handled all my needs. I have found more aftermarket parts one could ever wish for.

Suggested Improvements

I installed the tires that I found as best match at tire rack (internet site) and went with the wider option. I must say "I love my STONES". I installed a cat-back exhaust as well as an air hog. I plan to install a cold air intake system next. The Pioneer Sound System is "XM" ready and sounds great!

Love this truck
By Bike Mike

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been great! So far, 70,000 trouble free miles. Ride and handling are great for a truck. My only complaint was with the stock tires- it should be illegal to put such poor (traction B) tires on a vehicle this heavy- yes, I rear ended somebody- first time in over 30 yrs of driving. With premium tires truck stops and corners great. I did have to go to aftermarket rims because the stock ones were too skinny.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, dependability

Suggested Improvements

better tires, wider rims

2K silverado std cab swb
By jaegerman

Lighter than a gmc.

Favorite Features

4 wheel anti-lock brakes avoided an accident.