2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
best buy
By realjackass on 11/27/13 10:49 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchase this truck 13 june 2011 with 147 000 km , today we are 27 nov 2013 , with 182 000 . got this from the original owner , he never put a dime in it ( what he said) other than oil the truck yearly . i just replace all the brake line and front brake and rotor . and one front bearing last year , and i still oil the truck yearly , frame and body is in excelent shape , im very sastisfied with this truck , also im running 35 inch tire and lift kit .

Like A Rock
By Jerry Maletich on 09/06/10 09:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new and drove it for ten years. I gave it to my son who now drives it to work. It has almost 200,000 miles and has never had any major repairs. I replace rack and pinion steering at 195,000 miles cost $200.00 that's all, not bad.

Always a Chevy man
By Kenny on 04/24/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my 2000 silverado Z-71 in April of 2009.It had 106,000 on the odometer.It has been a very good truck so far.Gets great gas mileage,very comfortable,great performance,great ride,handles very nice.The body is in perfect shape for the age and miles,interior is spotless,under the hood is very clean.It gets driven every day,30 miles one way to work.Just changed the fuel pressure regulator,only cost $50 and easy to do myself.NO squeaks or rattles inside.Now i have 121,000 on the odometer,and still going strong!!

Top Pick For Me
By Charles on 03/02/10 11:23 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 2000 silverado and its amazing!! When i saw it, there was no way i was going to let this one slip buy! Now that i have it, i look forward to driving around town and going on trips cause its so fun to drive and its very comfortable and relaxing! Built for reliability and designed for fun and relaxability! You can do just about anything with this truck and as long as you aren't stuppid, it will stay with you for a long long time! I would rather have this truck than a car cause you can work with it and then just turn around and take a vacation!! my opinion, this style truck is were chevrolet got its dependability and its overall good name! Im acking you, go drive one!!! I love it!!!!!

Should have been recalled
By kenh on 01/30/09 18:26 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

Had intermittent problems with surge, no codes ever showed up. Emergency brake flaw is a joke, should have been recalled. Since 100k ABS lights come on at odd times, learned of corrosion on wheel sensor. Clutch pedal does not adjust well.

Great American Made Truck
By bobby on 03/14/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

This has been the best vehicle we've ever owned. It has 160,000 mile on it and nothing has ever been replaced. The power and acceleration are good. Real good gas mileage 14cty 18-23hw. One time we got 24 on a trip. It rides like a Cadillac.

base model Silverado
By bwhitney on 08/06/07 20:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great vehicle for teenagers. Limited passenger space on the regular cab, great visability and large enough to feel safer than a compact vehicle. Plus, a pickup always comes in handy.

Reliable Truck
By Allen on 04/04/06 12:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck new in 2000. I have had only 1 major problem, differential failed at 47K. Mechanics have informed me the diff is not really engineered well for a truck, more for a car. Fuel economy could have been a lot better. Overall, a good reliable truck. Can easily haul over 2500lbs of rock in bed or tow a 9600lbs trailer (and accelerate uphill). I would buy this again. I wish they would have made my model and year with manual trans.

I love my Chevy
By Nick K. on 02/27/06 19:23 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

i bought my Chevy in May '05 with 125,600 miles on it. It now has 140,000 on it. Let me just start by saying that this is an awesome truck, and I get compliments on it all the time. It might not sound like it after you read this, but it is very reliable. One thing I would say needs to be taken care of is the fuel sending unit. It was done at 110,000 and then I had to do it again at 135,000... not cool. The part alone is $400. One day #1 on my A/C fan stopped working, next day, #2 stopped. so it's Off, or 3, which is too much, such a pain. Power steering pump went the same day as fuel pump #2, at 135K.

Good Purchase
By Nick Gibson on 10/01/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck has performed great in the 65,000 miles that I have owned it. I have had to replace two things on this truck so far (excluding brakes, filters, etc.). At 36,000 miles, the rear universal joint went out, but this was most likely due to the fact that I drive on the interstate 80% of the time and run over 90mph nearly all the time, just below the cutoff point on the engine. At 72,000 miles the fuel pump went out. This also may be attributed to my habits, as I usually let the fuel light come on and stay on a while before re-fueling. I've been told this is extremely hard on the fuel pump because it sucks in air. Other than that, no problems.