Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

best buy
By realjackass

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchase this truck 13 june 2011 with 147 000 km , today we are 27 nov 2013 , with 182 000 . got this from the original owner , he never put a dime in it ( what he said) other than oil the truck yearly . i just replace all the brake line and front brake and rotor . and one front bearing last year , and i still oil the truck yearly , frame and body is in excelent shape , im very sastisfied with this truck , also im running 35 inch tire and lift kit .

Favorite Features

5 speed and 4x4 on the floor overall everything

Suggested Improvements

i would prefer 4:10 gear insted of 3:73

Like A Rock
By Jerry Maletich

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new and drove it for ten years. I gave it to my son who now drives it to work. It has almost 200,000 miles and has never had any major repairs. I replace rack and pinion steering at 195,000 miles cost $200.00 that's all, not bad.

Always a Chevy man
By Kenny

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my 2000 silverado Z-71 in April of 2009.It had 106,000 on the odometer.It has been a very good truck so far.Gets great gas mileage,very comfortable,great performance,great ride,handles very nice.The body is in perfect shape for the age and miles,interior is spotless,under the hood is very clean.It gets driven every day,30 miles one way to work.Just changed the fuel pressure regulator,only cost $50 and easy to do myself.NO squeaks or rattles inside.Now i have 121,000 on the odometer,and still going strong!!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable,love the performance.

Suggested Improvements

The trailer hitch receiver is the most flimsy thing i ever seen i dint trust it at all,so i replaced it.Needs an extra leaf spring in the rear,my trailer makes the rear springs almost bottom out!!Piston slap on cold starts is very annoying though.

Top Pick For Me
By Charles

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 2000 silverado and its amazing!! When i saw it, there was no way i was going to let this one slip buy! Now that i have it, i look forward to driving around town and going on trips cause its so fun to drive and its very comfortable and relaxing! Built for reliability and designed for fun and relaxability! You can do just about anything with this truck and as long as you aren't stuppid, it will stay with you for a long long time! I would rather have this truck than a car cause you can work with it and then just turn around and take a vacation!! my opinion, this style truck is were chevrolet got its dependability and its overall good name! Im acking you, go drive one!!! I love it!!!!!

Favorite Features

I love the smooth ride and the dependable attitude of my silverado! Its looks good as well as drives great!

Suggested Improvements

I would have to be picky but i guess thay could have improved the ride smoothness!

Should have been recalled
By kenh

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

Had intermittent problems with surge, no codes ever showed up. Emergency brake flaw is a joke, should have been recalled. Since 100k ABS lights come on at odd times, learned of corrosion on wheel sensor. Clutch pedal does not adjust well.

Suggested Improvements

Come up with better design for emergency brake. Make computers smarter, sensors more reliable.