Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Damn China beat Chevy and ruined the vehicle
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

The model numbers for their parts should all begin with g.a.r.b.a.g.e. and then an identifying number. I've become good friends with the parts store guys since owning this vehicle as I'm in there a lot and now have one of them on the texting with me on prices to save me time since I always need something. This truck is a moneymaker for the the parts market. I asked the guy at advanced auto what were the majority of their "in stock" parts are for and not surprisingly about 80% are Chevy. That should tell you something. Engine doesn't knock though to have 144,000 miles I can say even though it's loosing a quart of oil a month. Seems like every part was strategically placed so you will just pay someone else to do the work for you including basic stuff. Also have a "made in Japan" Toyota 4-runner and thank God all the time I kept it instead of trading in. Toyota is the junk and Chevy is junk! Love my Toyota. 204,000 miles and only replaced an alternator so far even though I've been neglectful of maintenance due to always maintaining my Chevy. What a sweet ride. If you can find a Toyota that's "made in Japan" then get it and never let it go if you want a dependable ride. Chevy issues: steering clanks, oil leaks, coolant leaks despite numerous repairs, power steering started leaking after water pump replacement, fuel gauge has basically never worked (trip odometer tracking of gas), doors seem like they don't close properly, water leak somewhere when it rains, trans cable went out already, I can keep going, but I'll just get depressed thinking about what Chevy was and what they aren't now. Also have a Jeep CJ7 1979 model with a "true Chevy 305 from a 69 model car" and that's another EPIC vehicle. CJ can no longer count how many miles are on it and it gives next to no problems either. Amazing the difference now. Don't buy the Chevy now unless your tired of your money and want to get rid of it. If so, but a Chevy or just donate to me so I can keep fixing mine. Thanks for reading.

Excellent Truck
By Andrew Mahaffey

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my 2000 silverado 5.3 ext cab 4 door z71 sb this thing has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever had my truck currently has 368000 miles on it with the original engine and trans this truck is truly bullet proof the only things i have ever done to this truck is a 1 water pump brakes and fluids and some rust repair i have towed with it and even driven it hard and it still runs like new.

my favorite features are the heated leather seats and the auto trac 4wheel drive and the fact that it is so reliable i

i would not change a thing on this truck

great truck
By scottd2431

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my 2000 5.3l silverado Z71 it has great get up and go great reliability it has towed a trail most of its life and the transmission lasted till 220,000 miles with hard driving on it too has 238,000 on it engine has never been rebuilt never had any issues with the engine at all amazing vehicle will never get a different truck absolutely love it hands down amazing

Electric everything heated seats I get great gas mileage I get around 20 combined very roomy

Better seat motors my passenger seat is stuck slide as far back as possible and there it no way yo move up so people can sit in the back and the drivers seat the leaning motion is broke thats about the only improve ment needed

my baby
By chevyfrank1

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

i recently just purchased a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 4x4. the truck has over 270,000 miles and is still running strong. i bought this vehicle as my first vehicle and i would trade it for anything. i pull a 22 foot trailer with it almost everyday for work and it doesn't even hesitate. i only paid 1800 for the truck and all ive done to it was a wheel bearing and a alternator. i plan on buying a lift very soon and rebuilding the motor to put a cam in it.

cruise control, A/C, power windows and locks, cd player, tilt steering, tow package, wheels, 4x4, speed,torque,dependibility

maybe a stronger transmission

2000 Silverado 1500 LT
By tjc43

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned two silverados in the pass few years. My first silverado was a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS. I enjoyed driving that truck while I owned it. I sold it due to gas mileage and being a college student. I ended up buying a civic for the excellent gas mileage. The gas mileage was nice and all but I soon realized I needed to be back in a full size truck regardless of gas mileage. I then purchased a 2000 Chevy Silverado Lt edition. I quickly fell in love with the truck. It was basically identical to my LS except having a few more features.

My LT has black leather interior with heated seats and lumbar support whereas my LS had cloth interior. These features make it a very comfortable ride on long drives. Also my LT had a push button 4 wheel drive whereas my LS you had to engage yourself by hand on the floor. Both trucks had the 5.3L 327 cubic inch motor which I believe still to this day has plenty of power to get up and go. Both My LT and LS I purchased with over 100,000 miles on them. Both Trucks have been excellent reliable vehicles. This pass year I drove from northeast Ohio down to myrtle beach twice, once to orlando, once to tennessee and once to chicago. I did not have one problem each trip! I love this 12 year old truck!

A few improvements GM motors could have made on this truck are the following. These trucks are known for their rocker panels rusting out underneath the doors then soon rust will reach the doors. Another spot on the truck known to rot out first is the back wheel wells. Fortunatly, My truck was well taken care of and even though its 12 years old, the wheel wells are solid and the rockers are not rotted through yet, allthough starting to. The truck gets around 14-15miles per gallon average, but what do you expect its a full size v8 truck. If you take care of this truck it will take care of you. I have enjoyed owning two of these trucks now.