2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
my baby
By chevyfrank1 on 11/15/12 19:45 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

i recently just purchased a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 4x4. the truck has over 270,000 miles and is still running strong. i bought this vehicle as my first vehicle and i would trade it for anything. i pull a 22 foot trailer with it almost everyday for work and it doesn't even hesitate. i only paid 1800 for the truck and all ive done to it was a wheel bearing and a alternator. i plan on buying a lift very soon and rebuilding the motor to put a cam in it.

2000 Silverado 1500 LT
By tjc43 on 10/09/12 11:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned two silverados in the pass few years. My first silverado was a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS. I enjoyed driving that truck while I owned it. I sold it due to gas mileage and being a college student. I ended up buying a civic for the excellent gas mileage. The gas mileage was nice and all but I soon realized I needed to be back in a full size truck regardless of gas mileage. I then purchased a 2000 Chevy Silverado Lt edition. I quickly fell in love with the truck. It was basically identical to my LS except having a few more features.

chevy runs deeeeeeeep
By chevyfrank123 on 09/06/12 06:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I recently bought a 2000 chevy silverado for 1800 dollars. it has 260,000 miles on it and its still running strong. i cant believe the power this truck has for the sixe of the motor and the milage. it is going to need a wheel bearing soon and possibly a fuel pump but other then that its great. i pull a 10000 pound tractor with it and it has no problems. brakes are a littly iffy but i thankfully have a brake control module for the trailer. i recently put straight pipes on the truck and added an extra leaf spring in the rear to give me a little higher ride height. i plan on doing a few more things to it too.. all in all a great truck!

1500
By playnoutdoors on 08/22/12 19:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck is very comfortable to ride in on long trips. It has descend power and torque. Truck was not real reliable. Transmission went out around 100000 and i do not tow with truck.Truck could not keep tie rods on.replaced tierods and ball joint every 25-30 thousand miles and tie rod keep braking.I have never use 4wheel dr. The milage is not good. i know its a v8 4x4 but averaging 7.5 to 9 city and 12 highway is pretty dang poor. I set the cruise on the highway between 65 and 70. i live in a town of 20,000 people so there is not a lot of stop n go traffic and the closed freeway is an hour and a half away. i drive with a light foot and never let the truck get above 3000 rpm unless i am passing

Love my Chevy
By 49alaska49 on 11/15/11 18:44 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I've owned this truck for 8 years now and it now has around 150,000 miles on it. It has been a great truck with very minimal repairs. My fuel pump went out at 120,000 miles and my alternator just went out at 149,000. Both were original parts! I live in Alaska and haul my snowmachines, 4-wheelers, and boat all over the state, and the transmission has lasted 150,000 miles and still going strong. I took off my 1/2 ton leaf springs and swapped them with 3/4 ton springs to help with heavy loads. Other than that, I have not modified the truck at all. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a truck at a good affordable price.

GMC (Garbage Makers Corp.)
By suckysilverado on 07/31/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I was very excited to purchase a truck that was suppose to be reliable and tough. True story....within 5 minutes of leaving the lot the gas probe was faulty, the driver side power window regulator cable snapped, and the glove compartment fell right off the dashboard when opened. It was test drove by the way. I called and in typical American dealership fashion, "sorry all sales are final"......I was thinking more of "wow really, we'll see what we can do since you just spent 1,000's of dollars with us". It's completely turned me off to American cars/trucks in general now because of the terrible service I received. I now have to replace the transmission, only 90K miles on it. JUNKY DON'T BUY

Chevy 1500
By Drew on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this Chevy 2000 in may or so and right away my tranny was shifting odd and seemed to have a slip got a flush and better now but not all there. The knocking is terrible when started when cold and needs to sit higher and needs more leaf springs in it can't haul hardly anything without sagging. Love the power and ride but bad gas mileage. Not trying to complain just saying how the truck is. Great power fun truck just dunno if its the one for me

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 V8
By Kaitlin on 08/07/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 2000 Chevy silverado with 146,000 miles on it. I had a few things go on it. I use this truck to pull a 2 horse bumper pull trailer. Its been good to me. I put in it a rebuild trans had a few things here and there. Now its having a few issues with going in Reverse. If this truck was a 2500 I would keep it. But I live in a hilly area and it struggles with the load to get up the hills. I live Chevy and I like what they offer. This truck been good to me for my needs.

NOTHING LIKE A CHEVY!!
By amc on 01/07/10 23:20 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I love this truck! It is comfortable on the highway, but rough in the play. It may not have the big motors that most come out with now, but I wouldn't trade the 5.3 vortec that I do have, very reliable in all aspects. Now if they would only make every vehicle like a chevy the automotive industry would be at peace. These trucks look mild, but work the heck.

great truck
By alburg on 01/04/10 08:59 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new in 2000 have 278,000 miles and it still runs great have had to put 2 fuel pumps and one alternator in ten year, not bad. Have used synthetic oil and trans fluid. Changed to Bosch platinum plugs at 79k and now have 200k on the plugs, still runs great. Just bought 09 crew cab and hope it lasts this long. Keeping this truck just to see it roll on to 300k.