Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Damn China beat Chevy and ruined the vehicle
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

The model numbers for their parts should all begin with g.a.r.b.a.g.e. and then an identifying number. I've become good friends with the parts store guys since owning this vehicle as I'm in there a lot and now have one of them on the texting with me on prices to save me time since I always need something. This truck is a moneymaker for the the parts market. I asked the guy at advanced auto what were the majority of their "in stock" parts are for and not surprisingly about 80% are Chevy. That should tell you something. Engine doesn't knock though to have 144,000 miles I can say even though it's loosing a quart of oil a month. Seems like every part was strategically placed so you will just pay someone else to do the work for you including basic stuff. Also have a "made in Japan" Toyota 4-runner and thank God all the time I kept it instead of trading in. Toyota is the junk and Chevy is junk! Love my Toyota. 204,000 miles and only replaced an alternator so far even though I've been neglectful of maintenance due to always maintaining my Chevy. What a sweet ride. If you can find a Toyota that's "made in Japan" then get it and never let it go if you want a dependable ride. Chevy issues: steering clanks, oil leaks, coolant leaks despite numerous repairs, power steering started leaking after water pump replacement, fuel gauge has basically never worked (trip odometer tracking of gas), doors seem like they don't close properly, water leak somewhere when it rains, trans cable went out already, I can keep going, but I'll just get depressed thinking about what Chevy was and what they aren't now. Also have a Jeep CJ7 1979 model with a "true Chevy 305 from a 69 model car" and that's another EPIC vehicle. CJ can no longer count how many miles are on it and it gives next to no problems either. Amazing the difference now. Don't buy the Chevy now unless your tired of your money and want to get rid of it. If so, but a Chevy or just donate to me so I can keep fixing mine. Thanks for reading.

NOTHING LIKE A CHEVY!!
By amc

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I love this truck! It is comfortable on the highway, but rough in the play. It may not have the big motors that most come out with now, but I wouldn't trade the 5.3 vortec that I do have, very reliable in all aspects. Now if they would only make every vehicle like a chevy the automotive industry would be at peace. These trucks look mild, but work the heck.

Just enough truck to do any job.

Putting a 2 to 4 inch lift would look real good.

Awsome
By Chevridin20s

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Great. Awesome with no major problems, except due to wear and tear of a normal vehicle. It's got loads of power and sounds the best than any other vehicle with exhaust. The best transmission feel that I think i have ever felt. I do not like the new '03-06 trucks due to the front end but I am keeping this truck till she does no more. Couldn't ask for anything better

Great engine with lots of passing power by droping it down one gear makes a quick and easy pass. The truck is so much fun to drive and with the rims and lots of stuff I have on it it turns heads

Fuel economy stinks but what can you do? It's got a v8 and a 6 speed trans. Add flex fuel with DOD 4 cylinders not used when you don't need em

Best Truck
By car freak

Love this truck,at 48,800 miles, it
has been wonderful! Bought new, will
keep until it wears out! Traded 1999
Ford F-150 4x4 for this and what an
improvement! Just purchased first set
of new tires.

Exterior looks ( admit Ford interior some what nicer ). Great mpg, wonderful ride, supper reliable, easy to get in and out of.

Better interior matierals. Dash is some what cheap! Power seat needs more to lift you higher.

It is a truck
By BowtieOrDie

Great truck. I own the Z71, No real
problems after 75,000. Only been in
the shop once for repair. 4WDR console
went out after 30,000 and A/C drainage
clogged so flooded the baseboards.
Tranny clunk when shifting into
reverse. Engine runs great and plenty
of power while getting about 18mpg.
Interior is more comfortable than most
cars especially the back seat, after
driving the Dodge and Ford this is a
caddy. Doesn't have to try and look
like a big rig to impress, does all
that under the hood.

simple design while giving you everything you need a truck for. Solid vehicle, was rear ended by a semi going about 15 mph and he hit me in the trailer hitch, all he did is send me forward a ways and dent my bumper.

Built in Tailgate lock standard, side opening console/arm rest, cup holder location drinks get in the way of dash controls when being used.