Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Damn China beat Chevy and ruined the vehicle
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

The model numbers for their parts should all begin with g.a.r.b.a.g.e. and then an identifying number. I've become good friends with the parts store guys since owning this vehicle as I'm in there a lot and now have one of them on the texting with me on prices to save me time since I always need something. This truck is a moneymaker for the the parts market. I asked the guy at advanced auto what were the majority of their "in stock" parts are for and not surprisingly about 80% are Chevy. That should tell you something. Engine doesn't knock though to have 144,000 miles I can say even though it's loosing a quart of oil a month. Seems like every part was strategically placed so you will just pay someone else to do the work for you including basic stuff. Also have a "made in Japan" Toyota 4-runner and thank God all the time I kept it instead of trading in. Toyota is the junk and Chevy is junk! Love my Toyota. 204,000 miles and only replaced an alternator so far even though I've been neglectful of maintenance due to always maintaining my Chevy. What a sweet ride. If you can find a Toyota that's "made in Japan" then get it and never let it go if you want a dependable ride. Chevy issues: steering clanks, oil leaks, coolant leaks despite numerous repairs, power steering started leaking after water pump replacement, fuel gauge has basically never worked (trip odometer tracking of gas), doors seem like they don't close properly, water leak somewhere when it rains, trans cable went out already, I can keep going, but I'll just get depressed thinking about what Chevy was and what they aren't now. Also have a Jeep CJ7 1979 model with a "true Chevy 305 from a 69 model car" and that's another EPIC vehicle. CJ can no longer count how many miles are on it and it gives next to no problems either. Amazing the difference now. Don't buy the Chevy now unless your tired of your money and want to get rid of it. If so, but a Chevy or just donate to me so I can keep fixing mine. Thanks for reading.

Best truck I have owned
By Jake

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

It's a great truck, best one I ever owned. I bought it with 150,000 miles, and I currently have almost 201,000 miles on it. I've done routine oil changes, Still runs strong, still have everything stock, besides the alternator , brake lines. Very dependable, never broke down on me. Definatley worth the money.

Excellent Truck
By Andrew Mahaffey

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my 2000 silverado 5.3 ext cab 4 door z71 sb this thing has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever had my truck currently has 368000 miles on it with the original engine and trans this truck is truly bullet proof the only things i have ever done to this truck is a 1 water pump brakes and fluids and some rust repair i have towed with it and even driven it hard and it still runs like new.

my favorite features are the heated leather seats and the auto trac 4wheel drive and the fact that it is so reliable i

i would not change a thing on this truck

great truck
By scottd2431

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my 2000 5.3l silverado Z71 it has great get up and go great reliability it has towed a trail most of its life and the transmission lasted till 220,000 miles with hard driving on it too has 238,000 on it engine has never been rebuilt never had any issues with the engine at all amazing vehicle will never get a different truck absolutely love it hands down amazing

Electric everything heated seats I get great gas mileage I get around 20 combined very roomy

Better seat motors my passenger seat is stuck slide as far back as possible and there it no way yo move up so people can sit in the back and the drivers seat the leaning motion is broke thats about the only improve ment needed

best buy
By realjackass

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchase this truck 13 june 2011 with 147 000 km , today we are 27 nov 2013 , with 182 000 . got this from the original owner , he never put a dime in it ( what he said) other than oil the truck yearly . i just replace all the brake line and front brake and rotor . and one front bearing last year , and i still oil the truck yearly , frame and body is in excelent shape , im very sastisfied with this truck , also im running 35 inch tire and lift kit .

5 speed and 4x4 on the floor overall everything