So far...So good!
By bgfromga on
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB
I purchased this truck approximately 2 years ago with only 28,000 miles on it. So far, I have not had any major problems except driver's window motor assembly had to be replaced due to faulty cables. I prevented the passengers from doing the same by removing the door panel and tightening the support bolts. As far as the gas pedal sticking, it is a simple fix by removing the breather tube and cleaning the TB flapper with throttle bottle cleaner...works fine for about 6 to 8 months. The driver seat does make a crunching sound when I turn a curve and lean but found that if you adjust the lower leg lumbar it will quit for some time as well.Gas mileage is good for small V-8 at 20 mpg.
Favorite Features
Pretty good sound system. Comfortable and roomy in front and back for 3 door truck.
Suggested Improvements
Better paint on dash as mine got a chip and Chevy does not make a touch up paint to repair. Nicer design chrome wheel would be nice touch. Better pop open rear windows to reduce wind noise...or make an external adjustment for them.