1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Like a Rock

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Like a Rock
By MPD on

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought my truck with 66000 on it and put over 30000 on it in the first 14 months. I have backed off a little since then, but still average a good 20-25000 a year-14 months. As to be expected with the age and mileage of the truck, I do seem to break parts some times (mostly plastic crap used in the engine bay to connect hoses). I do a lot of off roading with it also and it holds up realy well. Does a great job towing. The only major replacement I had to do was the AC. That was almost a grand with a new compressor. Oh well, in the south you use AC pretty much year round to combat the high humidity. Only 7 more payments to go and it will be all mine! :-)

Love the look of the step side bed. Get LOTS of use of the Z71 off road pack! Has tremedous torque and power...pulled cemented fense posts with ease after Hurricane Katrina destroyed the rest of the fence.

I don't like the fact that the motor has a BAD knock when cold. Dealer ship calls it "normal" but I know it to be "piston slap" if you want more info on that, do a yahoo search for piston slap...lots of info available online! Also, why make a heavy duty truck and then use plastic in the engine bay