Impressed w/First year model!
By Deepdiver on
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
Great drivability and ride. Have Z71 package and my truck handles and rides better than sister's 2001 2WD. Impressive pwr and fuel economy (5.3L), have over-size mud tires and full guards and Tri-glass shell. Pulls my heavy boat and other trailers with ease! Love the auto-4WD.The only problem I have is that the throttle cable sticks on cold starts, have to tap the gas peddle to get past the sticking, once driving,no sticking. That and 3 factory recalls and 80000 miles on this truck is quite impressive to me. Haven't had the difficulties that I read on some of the other reviews, like noisy rear-end clunk, etc.
Favorite Features
Ride comfort and feel of road. Handling and responsiveness. PWR & torq. of 5.3 Looks! Factory ground clearance and low step- in height. I love just about everything about my Chevy!
Suggested Improvements
I think that the gas milage could be improved on. I average 14city/17hwy now, 16 city/19 hwy in factory trim. Option of locking front end. Increase the grnd clearance a couple of inches and the wheel well clearance! Stop the whining fuel pump when the tank get 1/2 full or less.