1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Great Truck

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Great Truck
By Eric on

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck with 136,000 miles and now has 207,000. The motor and transmission has never given me a problem, lots of power and hasn't seemed to have lost any. Still doesn't use oil. The only problems (replaced both front brake lines, front right side spindle, both rear rotors, one of the passenger side manifold bolts broke and caused a small exhaust leak, and had rust fixed on rear lower drivers side quarter panel). This truck has been very reliable, I drive it all over the country and still driving it all over the country, the mileage doesn't worry me at all. 5.3 extended cab, z71. Fuel mileage is 17 on highway and 12 in cities.

Favorite Features

Has lots of power, styleling is great have 2 tone burgundy and silver, still getting compliments on the looks of the truck. Lots of room for tools and passengers, back seat is quite comfortable to sleep in, if it was just a little wider, lol.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas mileage, and the rust problem seems typical of all these trucks. Materials in interior are kind od cheap.