1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
99 Silverado LT 4X4
By Happy Chevy Owner on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The truck has been great. I am to almost 90K almost trouble free miles. The truck can tow anything from boats to trailers. It can also haul anything, loads of dirt, rock etc with ease. The tow/ haul function is great. Mileage is superb for a full size truck. I have the 5.3L and get 17/18 in town 19/20 hwy when not towing. It leaves my friends with Fords and Dodges gasping with astonishment! The leather seats in this truck are also MUCH more comfortable than the other two manufacturers mentioned above.

beware of brakes
By fast eddie on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Within a 1 month time span and with less than 1000 miles left on the warranty, brake problems started to happen. First, the abs would kick in when pulling into a parking spot at 5 mph. After taking it to the dealer to have this adjusted (and to have the clunking slip yoke replaced), the next day the front passenger side brake hose blew. 1 week after this was replaced, the abs module went. Luckily, it was under warranty since the dealer quoted me $1200 for a new one.

beware of brakes
By Fast Eddie on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Don't buy first year
By KRH on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I ordered this truck new and purchased it based on the new GM design however the build quality is poor and I have already replaced the transmission and ABS system, had brake problems part of my dash lights are out. The dealer service stunk where I purchased the truck. I service ever 3000 miles since this truck is driven all over the Southeast. Sent GM letter about problems never heard back from them.

Like A Rock
By EMRDUX on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my 5th Chevy truck and my favorite so far. I haven't had any problems and when towing boats or campers you forget they're back there. I haven't towed anything yet that required the OD to be disengaged. Shifting is smooth and transparent.

Good
By DB on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

My new Chevrolet 3rd Door LT 1500 is a great truck. I love everything about it

Z71 rocks
By cramer99 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love the truck it make long drives short.

So far, well, pretty good
By Logan on 03/16/02 19:52 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have a 1999 1500 LS with auto trans., 4.8 L, 2WD Xcab with 47000 miles on it now. I don't have any major complaints, however, I have recently had to replace the rear brake rotors and pads, the front brakes look OK. Four minor recalls for brake lines, seat belts and a sticking gas pedal, but this is the first year for the new model. I haul firewood and pull a bass boat ~30x/year and the truck handles it well. Gas mileage on the highway is ~20.5 miles/gallon (without a load), not bad for a V8.

99 Chevy Silverado
By Happy Camper on 03/04/02 22:42 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I've had no troubles...

Me and Hi Ho Silverado !
By Arnie on 03/04/02 16:52 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Overall has been very good, with a min of repairs/shop time. Starts great in cold weather.