1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Reliable and Comfortable Ride
By louigi on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LB

Great ride! This vehicle handles good in all conditions with a smooth, quiet ride. The suspension handles heavy loads and towing well. I am averaging around 13 mpg around town and near 20 mpg on the hwy. Truly a truck that rides like a luxury car.

Sold on Chevy Trucks
By Tommy Teal on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Ive had extremely good results from my 99 silverado--recommend this truck 100% for highway travel as its smooth, responsive and fun to drive

Watch Out
By Dash on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Would not recomend my worst enemy. The truck now needs its 3rd ABS sensing module. GM knows but don't care about the problem. I traded today and took a loss just to rid myself of the problem. You can't find the part in a salvage yard because if you keep a 1999 silverado you will need one and GM dealer gets $700-$1000 .

first year models are a roll of the dice
By unhappychevyowner on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

With 30k miles, its been in for repairs 15 times! Both elec windows broke,wheather stripping fell off,both ext mirrors broke,a/c pump clutch broke,paint wore off in less then 3k miles,horrible clunk in rear end, 3 factoy recalls.All 4 rotors fell apart/replaced at 20K miles. serv eng soon light on 3 times! When its not falling apart , it's a ball to drive. Its comfortable and gets good gas milage.

1999 Silverado 1500
By jerry wilcox on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

three factory recalls, dealer (not the seller) reluctant to service recalls) recall repair not adequate. repaired sticking accelerator, it sticks now but warranty will not cover it. The auto trans shifts, noticably rough. (dealer, not the seller) said it was germaine to the year model. "whitewash"

Love it so much...I'm buying another one
By DAHLLR on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is the hands down best truck I have ever owned. Chevrolet did a very good job "beefing" up their trucks to compete better. I have had no problems with this truck at all. Best of all...the 4.8 liter engine with automatic transmission gets incredible gas milage (even better than our Blazer with 4.3 liter). I would definately recommend this truck.

GREAT ALL AROUND TRUCK
By rer on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I have 70k miles on it and no problems yet but the recalls. sticking gas pedal. overall good gas mileage. My wife loved it so much she drives it now.

don t buy one
By buc on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

since6000 miles theres been a clunking noise coming from the rear end. GM says its a design careristic (FLAW!!) Ive talk to a lot of other chev truck owners there having the same problums,I havent met one one person who is truly happy with there chev truck

vvviiiibbbbrrraaattttiiiioooonnnnn
By Humpf on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

I too have had a problem with vibration in the stearing column. I purchased it used and took it to the local dealer (under warranty) who said they fixed it. To this day I still hear the vibration!!!!! )*^$#)+*!* I took it in again, and they said they would have to "really look into it" to find the problem. Hmmmm. Seems to be a common problem, but also a service departement flake-out.

1999 silverado
By aatchevy on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in 1999. The motor is the 5.3, 325 cu 8 cylinder. I was and still am pleasantly surprised by the outstanding fuel econony. approx. 17 mpg.city, 22 +- highway. the slogan is "like a rock", and over the last 3 years i have had no problems. 72,000+ miles and still the original brakes. I still feel the excitement whenever I drive this truck.. i love it.