1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Drives Like New
By Anthony on 08/05/06 16:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought new. Drives great and is very comfortable. Strong engine and with hard tonneau routinely get 20 mpg on 4wd 5.3l V8. Occasionaly use to tow 23 ft Glastron boat with 14 mpg under tow conditions. Totally pleased and will only trade up for diesel pickup with higher towing capability if I purchase a very large 5th wheel camping trailer. Extended cab has very roomy bench seating for 3 passengers. I've carried 3 adults in back seat and all were impressed with comfort in an extended cab truck. My kids routinely ride in extended cab bench seat area with total confort even when traveling 6-8 hrs. The only disadvantage I say this truck has is not having the 4th door to easily access behind driver.

To 100k and beyond!
By bill j on 01/02/06 10:41 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck used in the last year. Never owned a Chevy before, but used them at work. I used this truck for work and play and it is equally suited for both from hauling concrete to the daily drive to the office. It handles and drives well. Tow/Haul is great and I can't wait to pull my boat with it next summer. No problems with rattles, clunks or vibrations that others have mentioned. Throttle does stick when cold, but this has been a pretty standard nuicence on other GM products I've been familar with. Transmission has rough shift on easy accel. no problems on heavy accel or tow/haul. 4WD has been good in snow/ice. Overall a very good, reliable truck.

Like a Rock
By MPD on 11/26/05 11:01 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought my truck with 66000 on it and put over 30000 on it in the first 14 months. I have backed off a little since then, but still average a good 20-25000 a year-14 months. As to be expected with the age and mileage of the truck, I do seem to break parts some times (mostly plastic crap used in the engine bay to connect hoses). I do a lot of off roading with it also and it holds up realy well. Does a great job towing. The only major replacement I had to do was the AC. That was almost a grand with a new compressor. Oh well, in the south you use AC pretty much year round to combat the high humidity. Only 7 more payments to go and it will be all mine! :-)

My Steel Horse
By cowboy22 on 11/02/05 20:11 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been great, and it runs as strong as they day it was taken off the lot. I will never change my view of Chevy, LIKE A ROCK!!!

Loved my truck
By junkyardmama on 05/12/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This was the first new vehicle I ever purchased. I loved it. Rides like a car. Haven't had too many problems with it. Front pinion seal on rearend was replaced at 20000 miles. I've gone through 2 sets of rear brake pads and still on the original front ones. Have 55,000 miles on it. ABS light is starting to come on. Worst thing is gas mileage. I only get 11 mpg city.

So far...So good!
By bgfromga on 04/19/05 15:16 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck approximately 2 years ago with only 28,000 miles on it. So far, I have not had any major problems except driver's window motor assembly had to be replaced due to faulty cables. I prevented the passengers from doing the same by removing the door panel and tightening the support bolts. As far as the gas pedal sticking, it is a simple fix by removing the breather tube and cleaning the TB flapper with throttle bottle cleaner...works fine for about 6 to 8 months. The driver seat does make a crunching sound when I turn a curve and lean but found that if you adjust the lower leg lumbar it will quit for some time as well.Gas mileage is good for small V-8 at 20 mpg.

Silverado: Power, Reliability & Styling
By Bmreid on 03/27/05 15:01 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned 2 Ford's and now a Chevy. The Silverado exceeded my expectations and forced me to fall in love with the brand. Boat load of power, great exhaust sound (duals), and nice styling. No problems except a bad radiator seal at 50,000 mi but warrantied. No recalls either, unlike the typical Ford 3-4 serious defects per model.

Great Car, Disappointing Quality
By David Cox on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first Chevrolet and first truck. The vehicle has been expensive and troublesome. I really like the car, but don't know that I'd buy another, at least not another Chevy.\ Door and seats have needed rebuilding, the brake control systems have required $1600 in repairs in the last 17 months, and the dealer has often needed multiple tries to fix things.

Chevrolet Z71
By Stormchaser on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is without a doubt the best truck I have ever owned. It does have it's faults, mainly in the interior build quality, I do like the design. The truck has never let me down even with 111,650 miles!! It's a beutiful truck and provides a decent ride for a pick-up truck.

Impressed w/First year model!
By Deepdiver on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great drivability and ride. Have Z71 package and my truck handles and rides better than sister's 2001 2WD. Impressive pwr and fuel economy (5.3L), have over-size mud tires and full guards and Tri-glass shell. Pulls my heavy boat and other trailers with ease! Love the auto-4WD.The only problem I have is that the throttle cable sticks on cold starts, have to tap the gas peddle to get past the sticking, once driving,no sticking. That and 3 factory recalls and 80000 miles on this truck is quite impressive to me. Haven't had the difficulties that I read on some of the other reviews, like noisy rear-end clunk, etc.