Used 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Over 200000 and going strong
By Lee

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck used in 2000 with 20,000 miles with the 4.8l and currently have 211,000 miles. Mechanically I have had no problems except for fuel pump 1200 dollars to fix 145,000 miles. And sun shell in transmission breaking at 180,000 miles. Engine still running strong and still getting 18-19 mpg. Not fond of the shaky drive which I had since day one, dealer said there was no problem. Still waiting to do 2nd brake job, great brake life. Not fond of the cheapness of the interior. But I know I can easily get to 300,000 miles. Strong engine.

reliability and great brake life.

Improve the suspension and get rid of the shake problem. Parts are expensive, 800 dollar fuel pump plus labor at dealer. and placement of window and power mirror switch. when you use wipers when windows are down water drips in switches.

Like a rock
By biggame

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I pull heavy loads of carpet with this mule every week. Bought it with 45,000 now has 120,000 on it. Love the tow haul transmission mode. Got nearly 22 miles per gallon going to Detroit. Very happy with this truck. I've had them all. This is the best by far

Tow haul tranny mode and victory red paint

None

155k and still going
By Dand\D

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Got this with 80k on it and its at 155k now. I can't find a car this comfortable. Love my captain's chair. 5.3 V8 is a great engine. I've had 2700lbs of cement bags in the back of this. I'm gonna cry when I trade her away. I figure I'm driving this for less than $2000 a year.

Great ride

Leather on sides of seats too thin (two tears)

Outstanding rating \
By paul bellitto

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I am very pleased with the performace, reliabilty, appearence. I have now 98000 miles and the gas mileage is great, and I repair most on the every day matainence such as brakes, oil change etc. I expect to get long many years from my truck in these trying years with the gas prices.

Stereo. Interior, ride performance, appearence,

A fourth door

Best Ever
By Chevrolet is Great

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Ever since I got this truck it has been put through the ringer and met or exceeded my expectations (mostly exceeded). I have taken this truck offroading, drove it on the highway and nomatter where it has been it has never let me down. Gets better fuel economy than 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 6.0L with active fuel management. Has out ran people with bigger engines in races.

Great motor, great gas mileage for truck, and overall very, very good.

4th door or 3rd door on driver side but GM fixed that later on.