1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Bought New in 1999
By passedu on 01/17/11 11:59 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new in 1999, trading in a 1997 Monte Carlo. The truck has been reliable and comfortable for over 165,000 miles. Within the last month the gear selector and mileage indicator LED failed. Repair requires replacement of the entire gauge assembly. Early on I had to have the ABS manifold replaced, under warranty. Since then, starter at 158,000, drivers window electric motor at 156,000, and I had the front end rebuilt at 159,000. I replaced the orginal rear shocks within the last two weeks (Jan 11). There was no leakage, but rear end bouce was noticeable.

Great Truck
By Eric on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck with 136,000 miles and now has 207,000. The motor and transmission has never given me a problem, lots of power and hasn't seemed to have lost any. Still doesn't use oil. The only problems (replaced both front brake lines, front right side spindle, both rear rotors, one of the passenger side manifold bolts broke and caused a small exhaust leak, and had rust fixed on rear lower drivers side quarter panel). This truck has been very reliable, I drive it all over the country and still driving it all over the country, the mileage doesn't worry me at all. 5.3 extended cab, z71. Fuel mileage is 17 on highway and 12 in cities.

1999 silverado
By devin on 06/04/10 22:05 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck in 2005 with 95k on the 4.8 v8. I now have 176k and still going strong at 19 mpg hwy. Ive done everything with this truck from drag racing and towing a 24 ft ski boat on the weekends to a 78 mile commute each day for work and countless frozen hunting trips up north. It's never let me down or stranded me. Love this rig!

Great Truck
By seanboy40 on 01/22/10 01:09 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new. Almost 11 years later still in great shape, rear end shuttered while hauling a load at first, it was just an adjustment with the back axle, covered under warranty. Great reliable truck runs good starts good plenty of power with the v8, great gas mileage for a full size truck, stylish, comfortable seats, only continuous problems are the dash rattles a little bit in the cold weather and the drivers side daytime running light keeps burning out, no big deal though its not illegal or anything its a typical Chevy thing other than that its all around the best truck

locked in
By apache on 01/14/10 21:04 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

With the doors locked and the windows up if you lose the battery contact on either side negative or positive you are locked in. If someone tries the door handle to free you it will not work. I was lucky the window down at the bank drive thru and had to use the key on the outside of the door to unlock. Something GM didn't tell the 99 silverado owners. Also, the stock battery bolts are to short for a good bite into the threads on the battery. I replaced both with longer thread bolts. A friend of mine put in a sliding rear window for a exit just in case. Checked with local dealer and of course the answer was "I ain't heard of that before".

Decent Truck
By Johnnyk on 11/21/09 20:16 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Bought brand new in '99. Has 149,000 miles to date.Good motor and transmission, very reliable. Dislikes: Tow haul works only half the time, anti lock brake controller died, fuel gage goes to empty when tank is filled, CD skips. Overall, electric devices/sensors could be of better quality, a lot have failed. 4.8L V-8 pretty spunky when not towing or hauling. Very comfortable seating. Lots of interior room. Quiet ride.Truck handles good in the snow with good all season tires and some weight in the back. Overall good truck. Disappointed it is rusting out even with washing and waxing annually. I enjoy driving it.

Like a rock
By biggame on 12/09/08 07:01 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I pull heavy loads of carpet with this mule every week. Bought it with 45,000 now has 120,000 on it. Love the tow haul transmission mode. Got nearly 22 miles per gallon going to Detroit. Very happy with this truck. I've had them all. This is the best by far

155k and still going
By Dand\D on 08/27/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Got this with 80k on it and its at 155k now. I can't find a car this comfortable. Love my captain's chair. 5.3 V8 is a great engine. I've had 2700lbs of cement bags in the back of this. I'm gonna cry when I trade her away. I figure I'm driving this for less than $2000 a year.

Outstanding rating \
By paul bellitto on 06/05/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I am very pleased with the performace, reliabilty, appearence. I have now 98000 miles and the gas mileage is great, and I repair most on the every day matainence such as brakes, oil change etc. I expect to get long many years from my truck in these trying years with the gas prices.

Best Ever
By Chevrolet is Great on 05/02/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Ever since I got this truck it has been put through the ringer and met or exceeded my expectations (mostly exceeded). I have taken this truck offroading, drove it on the highway and nomatter where it has been it has never let me down. Gets better fuel economy than 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 6.0L with active fuel management. Has out ran people with bigger engines in races.

1 2 3 4 5 next »