Used 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

1999 silverado
By devin

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck in 2005 with 95k on the 4.8 v8. I now have 176k and still going strong at 19 mpg hwy. Ive done everything with this truck from drag racing and towing a 24 ft ski boat on the weekends to a 78 mile commute each day for work and countless frozen hunting trips up north. It's never let me down or stranded me. Love this rig!

The five speed manual and locked rear diff.

vent shades to keep water from dripping on the door controls

Best Ever
By Chevrolet is Great

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Ever since I got this truck it has been put through the ringer and met or exceeded my expectations (mostly exceeded). I have taken this truck offroading, drove it on the highway and nomatter where it has been it has never let me down. Gets better fuel economy than 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 6.0L with active fuel management. Has out ran people with bigger engines in races.

Great motor, great gas mileage for truck, and overall very, very good.

4th door or 3rd door on driver side but GM fixed that later on.

Tough, Dependable, Workhorse
By bwat

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased in 2005 with 90k, now over 130k. I have never had a problem beyond standard maintenance with it. Ride height and feel is just right, power is adequate, steering is a little sloppy, but it's a truck not a Porsche. I drive it daily and it sees use both as a driver and a workhorse for my construction business, I average about 15-17mpg loaded in mixed city/hwy conditions. It tows incredably well even with the 4.8L V8 and after being abused by me for two years is running better than when I purchased it.

Best looking truck available when it was new. Interior is still better looking than a lot of options out there.

Only complaint *was* weak tailgate supports. Chevy fixed with a recall last year.

Great truck
By ckench

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought 3 years ago used with 40,000 miles on it. Drove it for almost 5 years and only cost me brakes and rotors until today. New electronic gear shift box, wheel bearings and front differential. Almost $2,000 and 2 years after the extended warranty expired. That's cheap considering I hauled an 8,000 pound camper through the mountains on a regular basis. Traded it for another Chevy but went up to a 2500 DH. Love those Silverados!

Z71 package

This thing has 95k on it?
By Wingnutt

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my "new" truck for almost a month now, and can find very little to complain about. Seeing as how I'm a quality manager and my job it to pick nits, this says volumes about the vehicle. The 5.3 has great power for its size (but could use a tad more low end torque), espicially in a vehicle this heavy. The tranny does what it's supposed to do when it's supposed to, and the tow/haul mode makes life much easier on the transmission when hauling my boat. The gearing is right on for this application and provides good torque multiplication in the lower gears while maintaining a reasonable RPM for highway crusing.

Clean, traditional truck styling, a very comfortable interior and a strong drive train.

Can't manually turn off the headlights with automatic head light feature. Over use of cheap, hard plastic in the interior, and the vehicle could use a touch more ground clearance.