1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
1999 silverado
By devin on 06/04/10 22:05 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck in 2005 with 95k on the 4.8 v8. I now have 176k and still going strong at 19 mpg hwy. Ive done everything with this truck from drag racing and towing a 24 ft ski boat on the weekends to a 78 mile commute each day for work and countless frozen hunting trips up north. It's never let me down or stranded me. Love this rig!

Best Ever
By Chevrolet is Great on 05/02/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Ever since I got this truck it has been put through the ringer and met or exceeded my expectations (mostly exceeded). I have taken this truck offroading, drove it on the highway and nomatter where it has been it has never let me down. Gets better fuel economy than 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 6.0L with active fuel management. Has out ran people with bigger engines in races.

Tough, Dependable, Workhorse
By bwat on 12/04/07 13:26 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased in 2005 with 90k, now over 130k. I have never had a problem beyond standard maintenance with it. Ride height and feel is just right, power is adequate, steering is a little sloppy, but it's a truck not a Porsche. I drive it daily and it sees use both as a driver and a workhorse for my construction business, I average about 15-17mpg loaded in mixed city/hwy conditions. It tows incredably well even with the 4.8L V8 and after being abused by me for two years is running better than when I purchased it.

Great truck
By ckench on 03/26/07 11:44 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought 3 years ago used with 40,000 miles on it. Drove it for almost 5 years and only cost me brakes and rotors until today. New electronic gear shift box, wheel bearings and front differential. Almost $2,000 and 2 years after the extended warranty expired. That's cheap considering I hauled an 8,000 pound camper through the mountains on a regular basis. Traded it for another Chevy but went up to a 2500 DH. Love those Silverados!

This thing has 95k on it?
By Wingnutt on 03/18/07 20:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my "new" truck for almost a month now, and can find very little to complain about. Seeing as how I'm a quality manager and my job it to pick nits, this says volumes about the vehicle. The 5.3 has great power for its size (but could use a tad more low end torque), espicially in a vehicle this heavy. The tranny does what it's supposed to do when it's supposed to, and the tow/haul mode makes life much easier on the transmission when hauling my boat. The gearing is right on for this application and provides good torque multiplication in the lower gears while maintaining a reasonable RPM for highway crusing.

To 100k and beyond!
By bill j on 01/02/06 10:41 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck used in the last year. Never owned a Chevy before, but used them at work. I used this truck for work and play and it is equally suited for both from hauling concrete to the daily drive to the office. It handles and drives well. Tow/Haul is great and I can't wait to pull my boat with it next summer. No problems with rattles, clunks or vibrations that others have mentioned. Throttle does stick when cold, but this has been a pretty standard nuicence on other GM products I've been familar with. Transmission has rough shift on easy accel. no problems on heavy accel or tow/haul. 4WD has been good in snow/ice. Overall a very good, reliable truck.

Chevrolet Z71
By Stormchaser on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is without a doubt the best truck I have ever owned. It does have it's faults, mainly in the interior build quality, I do like the design. The truck has never let me down even with 111,650 miles!! It's a beutiful truck and provides a decent ride for a pick-up truck.

Impressed w/First year model!
By Deepdiver on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great drivability and ride. Have Z71 package and my truck handles and rides better than sister's 2001 2WD. Impressive pwr and fuel economy (5.3L), have over-size mud tires and full guards and Tri-glass shell. Pulls my heavy boat and other trailers with ease! Love the auto-4WD.The only problem I have is that the throttle cable sticks on cold starts, have to tap the gas peddle to get past the sticking, once driving,no sticking. That and 3 factory recalls and 80000 miles on this truck is quite impressive to me. Haven't had the difficulties that I read on some of the other reviews, like noisy rear-end clunk, etc.

'99 Silverado LS
By Bsgala on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Since purchasing this truck it has been a great help for my family and I. However, it would be very nice if GM could figure out how to stop the fuel pressure regulators from going bad all of the time. I've had two replaced under warranty and need to replace it for the second time since the warranty has expired.

Excellent Truck!
By Timmy C on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this vehicle used (2yrs old) and it has been an excellent truck in nearly every way. What impressed me the most was the overall ride and cabin comfort. The ride is much smoother than others I have driven. I still enjoy walking out to my truck because it is sharp! I would highly recommend this as a part-time or full-time use vehicle. When purchased, the battery and alternator had to be replaced (by the dealership), the AC compressor clutch needed replacing, and I have replaced the brakes and the rear rotors. Other than that, no mechanical issues.