1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
This is why Gm is going under
By Skivs on 01/01/10 15:34 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this truck since new and thoroughly regret buying the first year of a new model. Idk if my truck was built on a Friday or what, but it has been trouble laden since new. Fuel pump, ABS module, steering column shaft(never completely cured the rattling tho), seat belts, fuel pressure regulator, all during the factory warranty period. And since the warranty expired, multiple sets of brakes, spider gears in rear diff, no less than six sets of u-joints, transfer case flew apart internally(nobody had ever heard of that problem with this model of course). On the positive side it rides and handles like a car gets decent mileage and literally turns on a dime. Should have waited a few yrs

Luv my Silverado
By rickdogdirtbikes on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

It is a gem to drive, and quite comfortable. Very stylish, great economy. Sporty with the 5-speed trans. Oodles of power for a v-6. Best looking truck on the road. Only minor problem with injectors at about 30,000 miles and Chevrolet fixed it under a service bulletin. You can't find a better truck!

vvviiiibbbbrrraaattttiiiioooonnnnn
By Humpf on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

I too have had a problem with vibration in the stearing column. I purchased it used and took it to the local dealer (under warranty) who said they fixed it. To this day I still hear the vibration!!!!! )*^$#)+*!* I took it in again, and they said they would have to "really look into it" to find the problem. Hmmmm. Seems to be a common problem, but also a service departement flake-out.