2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Consumer Review: Fantastic Truck

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Fantastic Truck
By RH on

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4dr Crew Cab SB w/1HY (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

For years I've needed hauling capability for my 6,000 lb. boat, home improvement store purchases, and the family. My previous hauler ('05 Suburban) did the job, but got only 10.5 mpg. Enter the Silverado 1500 Hybrid. I've only had it for two weeks, so I can't make any long term evaluation. However, it is a fantastic truck that does it all, while getting 20 mpg both around town and on the highway. It pulls my boat with ease (even in electric mode), and is a comfortable family vehicle. It is easy to forget that there is a truck back there behind the second row of seats. The hybrid function is incredible, and does exactly what it should, getting great mileage without sacrificing power.

Lets me drive a true powerful hauling machine without gas-guzzling guilt. Rides great and is perfect for the family.

I only wish the electric mode would kick in at speeds above 30 mph.