2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Review: silverado classic reg cab 4

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Review

Work Truck Regular Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

silverado classic reg cab 4.3L Manual
By Stan on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for about two years now, and have put 26k miles on it. Hit a deer three days after I bought it; talk about bad luck. I got that fixed, and really can't complain about this truck at all. I did have to replace the cheap wiper blades last month, and after reading some of the other reviews I have also heard the steering column make a little noise, but nothing major. For the price, this truck was hard to beat.

The 5spd manual trans gives the V6 more than enough get up and go. I've left V8 trucks in the dust that only have automatics. The plastic flooring is easy to clean out too. Handling and ride are nice, and seat is comfortable. I like the way the hood looks.

I only wish they would still make V8 trucks with a five speed manual trans. My brakes are fine because with the manual trans, I mostly just shift down to stop. Automatics are over-rated.