2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic 4.3L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Like a rock ?

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Review

Work Truck Regular Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Like a rock ?
By Like a Rock ? on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Chevy - Built like a rock (by all means). Original tires gone at 20,000. Tranny shifts like a rock also with a "kick in a butt" from first to second gear and slowly leaks. Good low end torque at first gear, but when passing on a vehicle in moderate traffic at second or third gear, pressing past halfway causes it to downshifts and produces potentially dangerous force. Had me sliding sideways in rain often! Not that I can't handle it but hey, there are civilians around! Loaded it with 22- 5 Gallon jugs, 35 lb. each. Rides like a caddy without shocks! Added leaf spring helpers-now rides like a true rock and nose dives like a fish! Nothing personal, lucky it's leased!

Favorite Features

When out of car wash, looking new and shiny its like "OK,let's try it again" C'mon Chevy change something!

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer ride, Tranny, I hope that my truck is an exeption of bad luck or something like that, but moving on to Japanese now!