2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic 5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed Consumer Review - I love my truck

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Review

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LT3 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

I love my truck
By Kev on

I have had this truck for about 2.5 years now and I still love it. There are a few minor issues I have but overall I love it. I wish Chevy did more to protect the front hood area, the overhang is a bullseye for flying rocks. Just recently started noticing a humming sound from the dash at around 50mph but below or above that I do not hear it. And just started getting squeaky brakes. Other than that I get about 19-20 mpg on the highway and for normal stop and go traffic commuting I get on average 16mpg.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Good mileage for a fullsize truck.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the hood. I know flying rocks from cars/trucks is probably not thought of in design but owning a truck for a week and having dings in the hood stinks. Windows cannot be helped but be a little forward thinking on the paint.