2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Review: Good Truck If You Use It Like

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab - Consumer Review

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab

Good Truck If You Use It Like A Car
By Stancel on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

First let me say. I USE my truck, but I don't ABUSE my truck. I pull a trailer with it several times a month, and I use it on gravel roads around my hunting camp. I also regularly haul materials with it. That being said, this truck just isn't built to be used like a truck. It is 3-1/2 years old with 22,500 miles. Already it squeaks like crazy, tires went out at 15,000 miles, headliner is falling, the plastic trim on the pillar has broken clips and is hanging, and one of the tail lights fell out while sitting at a red light. Bottom line, if all you do is grocery shop with your truck, or just want one because you think they're cool, then this is your truck. If NEED a TRUCK, look elsewhere!!

Rides pretty good for a truck, but you sacrifice hauling and towing abilities to get the smooth ride. Rear end sags with only a few hundred pounds on the hitch or in the bed.

Put a real suspension under it so it can haul what it is rated for without dragging the ground. Get rid of the cheap plastic clips that break. Install decent body bushings that don't squeak. Pretty much, just build a darn truck that can be used like a truck!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review